ps4 ragnarock led ribbon pin pitch

mod-fx2b

Can anyone tell me the pin pitch for the 4 pin ribbon cable to the led board? I need to find a replacement that is 1-2 inches longer. Due to the amount of stuff I have installed in this controller there is only one place for the led board and the cable won't reach. thanks in advance

mod-fx2b

Can anyone tell me the pin pitch of the 4 pin ribbon cable going to the led board? I have put so much into this controller that there is only one place to mount the led board and I need to source a ribbon cable that's about 1.5 inches longer. I believe it's 0.5mm pin pitch but I need to be certain. Thanks in advance

Freyja

Staff member
4 pin .5mm same side cable. You could have an 80mm or a 100mm. We also have 120mm at the shop, but if you have the 100mm the longest ones we have won't be enough. Make sure you purchase another same side ribbon cable if you are able to find one.
There's a fair bit of slack in the PS4 Rev D with the 80mm, so I'm quite curious why you would need something 5 1/2 + inches long.

mod-fx2b

I'm thinking the one that shipped with mine must have been 80mm, So 120 mm would be long enough, can I get one of those from you guys? As far as curiosity, from chip cable drops 15mm, to the right 70mm, drop another 15, curl to front side of controller then underneath rumble motor to led board.
XmDWXii

Attachments

• 20151229_222726.jpg
    20151229_222726.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
Might be putting the LED driver in an alternative location, I've seen some people putting it underneath the front speaker grille.

mod-fx2b

Might be putting the LED driver in an alternative location, I've seen some people putting it underneath the front speaker grille.
You are correct I mounted it under the left palm so it sits between the rumble motor and front shell (I have my reasons) hopefully I can get this done and the pics will show exactly why.