Question concerning PS3 USB Ragnarok

usa98j30t4

Hi,

I recently updated my rapid fire settings (based on recommendations on this board). I set them to begin at 8.2 and increment by .2 all the way down, filling all ten slots. I am using the FAL in Black Ops 2.

For the most part, the gun works great (I bounce between the first and second setting, 8.2 - 8.4).

Every now and again, while I am shooting the weapon, I will go prone (not intentionally) and the weapon will just start to have a "jitter" effect (but I am unable to fire the weapon at this point or stop it and stand up). I pretty much have to wait for the guy to kill me.

I do have my button layout set to tactical. Not sure if this may be having an effect (or possibly my rate of fire is too high).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

odingalt

Staff member
When this happens are you close to something that would make you prone blocked ?

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
When this happens are you close to something that would make you prone blocked ?
also if u even slightly hold forward while u go prone it wont fire it will look like a weird jitter gltch. If your using dropshot u cant hold forward and shoot when u go prone.

usa98j30t4

also if u even slightly hold forward while u go prone it wont fire it will look like a weird jitter gltch. If your using dropshot u cant hold forward and shoot when u go prone.

Thanks. I have been not using dropshot. Maybe I'll try switching my button layout back to default. See what happens.

ader42

Weirdly I've started experiencing this too. Ends up with me flailing around the floor being shot lol.

odingalt

Staff member
I blame PS3 controllers wearing out. There is a little flex connectorboard and the only thing holding it together is the pressure of the PS3 shell pushing the connectorboard up against the main board. Eventually the flimsy plastic of the PS3 controller wears out after months and months of hectic gameplay and eventually I think it starts to make a lousy connection.

Just a theory. XBOX controllers are built "ford tough" with the exception of their absolutely ridiculously cheap joysticks. PS3 joysticks are simply superior (With the exception of the v1.06 circuit boards which have potentiometer instead of magnetic).

usa98j30t4

I blame PS3 controllers wearing out. There is a little flex connectorboard and the only thing holding it together is the pressure of the PS3 shell pushing the connectorboard up against the main board. Eventually the flimsy plastic of the PS3 controller wears out after months and months of hectic gameplay and eventually I think it starts to make a lousy connection.

Just a theory. XBOX controllers are built "ford tough" with the exception of their absolutely ridiculously cheap joysticks. PS3 joysticks are simply superior (With the exception of the v1.06 circuit boards which have potentiometer instead of magnetic).

I have actually had this issue with my 360 Ragnarok as well. I am resigned to just living with it.

odingalt

Staff member
Are you guys sure you are not prone blocked. One time I thought my dropshot was patched because it was acting like this, turns out you just can't be doing it in a place where you would be blocked normally.

SlickNick

Weird. Mine is doing it too. Seems like its happening more frequently. At first I thought it was because I was hitting the fire button slightly before the scope, but I can't figure out why my guy 'jitters' and won't fire. I'm gonna see what happens if I try turning off the drop shot mod all together. I've also tried playing MW3 and it seems to be ok.

usa98j30t4

Weird. Mine is doing it too. Seems like its happening more frequently. At first I thought it was because I was hitting the fire button slightly before the scope, but I can't figure out why my guy 'jitters' and won't fire. I'm gonna see what happens if I try turning off the drop shot mod all together. I've also tried playing MW3 and it seems to be ok.

I don't have drop shot turned on. Only rapid fire.

SlickNick

Yeah, tried it without drop shot mod on, and I'm convinced my R3 button is going. I always use tactical, and from what I can see, it's become really worn in and quite sensitive. Still not sure why my guy 'spasms' or jitters tho on the ground unable to shoot. It usually only happens when I the rapid fire mod is on. If I run, let's say, an SMG with just drop shot mod, it seems fine.