Question Paddles/Buttons

Satanicat

Looking at the Xbone Berserker it seems you can assign any button to the paddle and make the paddle switches rapid fire.
I was wondering if you can just simply make any button into rapid fire? As in making the Square button have rapid fire, or must we put that into the paddle switch first?
I tried to read into the Berserker description but didn't come away with a definitive answer.

matril

So is it true that a cronus max is sort of like a macro without the tac switches. Because they say u can use the cronus max to program any button combination with a touch of a button. Also comes with a software and rapid fire. I was thinking about getting a cronus max since its so hard to find macros. I was just wondering if the cronus can jitter the remington on black ops 2 by making a sprint xyy butoon combination

JIM WALKER

So is it true that a cronus max is sort of like a macro without the tac switches. Because they say u can use the cronus max to program any button combination with a touch of a button. Also comes with a software and rapid fire. I was thinking about getting a cronus max since its so hard to find macros. I was just wondering if the cronus can jitter the remington on black ops 2 by making a sprint xyy butoon combination

The cronus is really good but nothing compared to a macro, I used one with my macro on my XB1 until I got my berserker, tried the button remapping and some of the mods, but preferred to use the macro's, totally superior, although if you haven't got a macro, then its not a bad substitute ....

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
So could I create a sprint jitter for the remington using the cronus max and its software

Short Awnser very plausible.

Here's your problem though. U have to have understanding of how every aspect of this mod works. U then have to know how to reverse engineer the macro software and break it down to cornus max format. Add the difficulty of trying to match same anolge movements between two totally different softwares. This makes for a very high not practical senerio for u. I know I could do it and a very small hand full of people in these forums as well but Dont expect anyone to reverse engineer this for u. I can't speak for others but I would never aid another company by copieying viking scripts from others hard work so another company could profit off it. Just is not ethical in my book. Hopefully u can find a macro for sale or fingers crossed they go back into production.

JIM WALKER

Short Awnser very plausible.

Here's your problem though. U have to have understanding of how every aspect of this mod works. U then have to know how to reverse engineer the macro software and break it down to cornus max format. Add the difficulty of trying to match same anolge movements between two totally different softwares. This makes for a very high not practical senerio for u. I know I could do it and a very small hand full of people in these forums as well but Dont expect anyone to reverse engineer this for u. I can't speak for others but I would never aid another company by copieying viking scripts from others hard work so another company could profit off it. Just is not ethical in my book. Hopefully u can find a macro for sale or fingers crossed they go back into production.

Agree 100%

odingalt

Staff member
Cronus Max could go the way of Datel... i.e. being sued by Microsoft, having their hardware shut down from an XBOX Live update, etc. Cronus is a fine product. There are some drawbacks depending on which console you play. It looks like it's just a $70 dongle, but you still need a $60 controller. On XBOX 360 you need a second $50 wired controller to make it work. On PlayStation you have to purchase a specific $30 bluetooth dongle to get it to work. Don't be fooled - by the time you are done, you'll be in the mid $100's to get setup with Cronus. You don't get paddle switches or mod switches with Cronus, so it's akward to have to issue all mod playback commands through stock buttons. In many cases you cannot use your mic or headset when using the Cronus adapter. Again it's a fine product. It has some upsides that our stuff definitely does not have. The Cronus also has some downsides (that they hide from you and mislead you about) that our products do not have. If you want to make custom mods with Cronus you have to write script code. There's no GUI yet (surely, sooner or later, they'll rip off the Viking timeline editor GUI, I'm just waiting). Etc.

Here's a list of advantages our controller has over Cronus: Currently, our mods have a GUI for drawing mods which might be more intuitive than learning a scripting language. We offer aftermarket mod switches which gives you more options for storing, sorting, and playing back mods. We give you a separate 4-quadrant LED indicator to help you navigate your mods. We offer paddleswitches that are just plain ****ing awesome. You can use a headset with our controller (but not the stereo headset adapter, just stock Microsoft headset) to talk and listen without any problems. You have 0 risk of our controllers being banned from XBOX Live or PSN, because we mod licensed hardware at the analog/digital signal level. It's virtually undetectable. We have a great community here that'll help you build and share those mods built using our GUI. You don't have to buy an extra controller, USB dongle, or any other hardware to connect the Berserker to your console.

Sorry if I sound defensive... it's a fine product, I wouldn't discourage anyone from buying. I just wish their company was more forthcoming regarding their product requirements and the limitations of their product. The Berserker still has advantages over the Cronus.

odingalt

Staff member
FYI we have located enough parts to build another 45 or so XBOX 360 macro controllers, however, we have some warranty/nonwarranty repair customers who are first in line for these new chips. We will start production next week.

odingalt

Staff member
Cronus / Controller Max doesn't have:

-The ability to work with wired headsets. (Bye bye wired headset, it's incompatible)
-An indicator on the face of controller to keep track of the mods you've loaded onto your controller
-A nice graphical user interface for entering your combos (you have to be a programming genius to use it)
-Awesome ergo paddle switches on the backside of the controller
-Extra mod switches on the top side of the controller too, for controlling mods without interfering with your stock buttons
-Guaranteed undetectability. Datel got owned, Controller Max suffers from the same risk as it's an unlicensed device
-The ability to run completely wireless (you either have to pair, or on PS4 I think it says you have to pair and stay paired all the time)

Cronus standard warranty: 90 days.
Viking standard warranty: 180 days.

Cronus licensed? No, runs unlicensed hardware.
Viking licensed? Yes, we only mod authentic, licensed Sony/Microsoft hardware.

Our product is more expensive for three main reasons: it's better; it maintains better compatibility (runs wireless 100% of the time, runs with wired Microsoft headsets); it maintains undetectability since we install our mods on the "analog" domain where Microsoft will never detect it. It's not easy to install mods on the analog side, it's very labor intensive, but we do it because we don't want to see you get banned from Live for modding or using unlicensed hardware. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/accessories/datel-controller-issue

Coming for Berserker:

-Android support.
-On-line "gamepack" sharing library so you can share your moves with your friends.

Thread of ControllerMAX staff buying a Viking Macro controller and reverse engineering our work:

http://controllermax.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142684&page=2