Ragnarok not working after firmware update

Chieftonto16

Bought a 360 ragnarok last year and after using it today I wanted to see if there was any new firmware for the controller and I plugged it in loaded the new firmware and reset the controller. And then the controller is no longer working? I press the mod button on the back and pull the right trigger and nothing happens? I have tried to download the firmware update again and now the driver says UNKNOWN! And before the update to 1.9 it said 1.8 version. HOW CAN I GET THIS FIXED!

CONCERNED GAMER!

odingalt

Staff member
You can try this tool. This is an old tool and an old firmware that you can use to try to downgrade to restore the controller.

-unzip all contents
-launch the ReaderWriterTool.exe
-boot your controller in "Bootloader mode"
-connect it to your PC
-click open .hex file, pick "ENCRYPTED XBOX360 Ragnarok User Program for CG2 Release 6.hex"
-click Program/Verify

Attachments

• X360-Ragnarok-Downgrade-Pack-v1.5.zip
    50 KB · Views: 4

odingalt

Staff member
The good news is the controller is still reporting Bootloader D. ("BL" D). That is a good sign. So long as it's still connecting to your PC and it's still reporting a bootloader version, we have a good chance of restoring your controller without having you send it back to us. I am wondering about your O/S however, that might cause an issue. I don't recognize your O/S from your screenshot.

Chieftonto16

I am running windows 7 on a lenovo thinkpad edge E420.

The file you have attached is not working

It has all the written settings stored on the modchip but for some reason after the firmware update, when I press the button on the back plus rt it won't activate the mod.

What would be the cost to restore?

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
We can reprogram it at the shop in a jiffy, I can't see charging you any money for the shop reprogramming, so long as the modchip is still working and the wiring is all good. Which it seems it should be good if it's reporting BL D.

[The error messages have something to do with Microsoft Visual Studio C++ redistributable conflict. Microsoft releases all sorts of useful libraries for software developers to use, BUT, Microsoft operating system can sometimes end up with conflicts if these files end up missing or conflicting with each other.]

You could try a last ditch effort manually installing the library direct from Microsoft.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...34-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&displaylang=en

or this link

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29