Ragnarok PS3 sencetive Knife.

Kora83

hey guys.... just got my new remote about two days ago.. everything seems to be working fine but my R3 Knife button seems to be really sencetive, i find my self knifing alot while aiming down on my sight. anyone else having this issues...?

Schaff68

If your talking about MW3 , i have had the same issue with my Power A pro elite controller, Gioteck HF-2 controller, A stone stock DS3 controller and my PS3 Ragnarok custom build, i think its whatever game your in at the time and not just the controller.

odingalt

Staff member
I got your ticket in our support system and responded to it earlier today to see if you wanted to send it back to have the staff look it over.

Mechanically we don't do anything to alter the controller, that includes the joystick "press down" mechanism. Unless the staff find that something is literally jammed up in the controller (tape, wire?), I think that's just the way the PS3 controllers are. My opinion after playing on the XBOX360 and then switching to PS3, is that the PS3 sticks are really really easy to push in.

Atgtorr

I also have the same problem. At first whenever I had RF on and started shooting I would shoot times and a random knife would happen. Now even with just having the drop shot ON it drop shots and knifes. It's really bothersome and only seems to be getting worse. I hope there is something that can fix this problem. I do notice it only happens when RF or Drop shot are turned on it will do it

odingalt

Staff member
I also have the same problem. At first whenever I had RF on and started shooting I would shoot times and a random knife would happen. Now even with just having the drop shot ON it drop shots and knifes. It's really bothersome and only seems to be getting worse. I hope there is something that can fix this problem. I do notice it only happens when RF or Drop shot are turned on it will do it

Open up a support ticket. The shop could try adding additional support material inside the controller. Sony's controller design is cheap and poor. There is a daughter circuit board in the controller that just sits there, and it connects to the rigid circuit board only by the pressure of the shell of controller being screwed together plus some blocking material Sony puts behind the daughter circuit board. It's sort of like sandwiched in there rather then being plugged/connected/screwed in. It's a lousy design. If you reported this issue the staffer answering the ticket would probably recommend adding blocking material in addition to what the Sony factory did.

You can test out this theory by pressing down really, really hard on the left or right thumbstick buttons. If the controller freaks out and appears to press a bunch of buttons at once (crouch/throw grenade/etc.) then you probably need more blocking material. If it does not happen and the controller acts normally when you press down hard on the thumbstick, then I'm not exactly sure my theory applies to your problem.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
The older controllers actually had a slot with the daughter board plugged in, I really don't know why they would go to this new type...

Satanicat

May not be an option for some (don't like change?), but I find switching to Tactical helps alleviate that issue. Knifing is not a big deal in MW3 as it was in other games. Less lunge forwards, prevents your weapons from gaining XP if you knife (tac knife excluded maybe?). Also, playing Battlefield may have skewed my perspective as it by default uses R3 to crouch and Circle to knife.

I find in CoD games I knife a LOT accidentally, causing a premature death, but after switching to Tactical (only swaps R3 and Circle commands) and adjusting your Ragnarok controller thusly, it helps a LOT. It may take some getting used to if you knife a lot though.

odingalt

Staff member
May not be an option for some (don't like change?), but I find switching to Tactical helps alleviate that issue. Knifing is not a big deal in MW3 as it was in other games. Less lunge forwards, prevents your weapons from gaining XP if you knife (tac knife excluded maybe?). Also, playing Battlefield may have skewed my perspective as it by default uses R3 to crouch and Circle to knife.

I find in CoD games I knife a LOT accidentally, causing a premature death, but after switching to Tactical (only swaps R3 and Circle commands) and adjusting your Ragnarok controller thusly, it helps a LOT. It may take some getting used to if you knife a lot though.

Thank you thank you thank you :)) Sometimes customers are just overly sensitive when they buy a new controller and are quick to blame the modchip inside when the problem is just their heavy thumbs and the stock sticks being sensitive - just the way the factory build them!