Rapid Fire and Connection speed

1badfish

Just a question about connection speed and rapid fire. I notice that my rapid fire only works in certain lobbies, i have tried all the basics(new batteries, use plug and play cable, reload macros...etc.) i believe it may have something to do with my connection speed. I have a ridiculously fast internet connection and was wondering if i need to adjust rapid fire to my connection and how? Whats the best way to adjust macro to faster connection. Please let me know and ill give it a try.Not asking anyone to make one, just how , so i can do it myself. I'm still pretty new to the software. thanks

NYjetsNY1

In MW3, connection speed doesn't matter as much for rapid-fire. It is about the individual gun - some can shoot faster than others. The P99 can shoot unbelievably fast, versus a different weapon MK14, that shoots very slow.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Oh, connection speed is a big deal on the slow end... My rapidfire works only reasonably well online because of my terrible internet. I often can't use say the ACR either, lag is really bad for me. If you have a good connection it should work fine though, assuming you're using the right speed for the gun.

1badfish

Ok... so had to a have CPU repaired and was without a machine for a few weeks to tweek macros. My rapid fire was working intermitandly in different lobbies for the last few weeks. When i got my CPU back i downloaded all new macros from library and now rapid fire does not work at all.Dropshots are still working but no rapid fire. Any thoughts on how i can resolve this issue? Lowering/raising speeds of rapid fire?

NYjetsNY1

Are you on the latest firmware?

Try this set out.

Make sure you have fresh, new AA batteries. Read below, and if something doesn't work, tell me.

Press RT1 to change pages.

Page 1 - RED.

Hold RT to rapid-fire.

Page 2 - GREEN.

Hold RT to rapid-fire.

Page 3 - BLUE.

Toggle Rapidfire with the LT1.

1 LED should turn on - blue color. I believe it is LED 2-4. Most likely 4.

Page 4 - YELLOW.

Toggle Rapidfire with the LT1.

1 LED should turn on - yellow color. I believe it is LED 2-4. Most likely 4.

Page 5 - PINK/PURPLE

HOLD LT2 to rapid-fire. No RT on this page.

Let me know what works, what doesn't so I can go from there.

Attachments

• TESTER(2).vks
    26.6 KB · Views: 2

1badfish

well here is what i did. I went out and purchased a new xbox (ditched that old elite) also a cat7 networking cable and a new pklug and play with battery. After the new xbox with the cat7 and the wired controller all rapid fire macros are working. I first download your test set once all the new gear was in place and hardwired and everything worked. Used my old macros and works great! All i can point fingers at is my internet connection, once hardwired all is good. Im confused but,but it works great so im happy :) THANKS JETS!!

1badfish

well here we are once again. I can for the life of me not figure out why my macros work then dont work! In the middle of a match it just stops working! NO rapid fire, but drop shots work. Rapid fire works now and then. i have done speed test after speed test. My download speed is 13.35,upload 4.63 Mbps and a ping of 24ms. What is my problem! Very frustrating that this controller works then just stops. Please help!

1badfish

im using a plug and play. Also tried brand new duracells. Very confused. I have an akimbo macro assigned to a tac switch and when i hold the tac switch and pull right trigger , rapid works.Here's what im using. I know its alot, but thats how i roll, always switching weapons! I understand that its alot of pages, but that's what has become of me to find a speed that works. :( surely its user fault, just need help to figure out WHY!

Attachments

• MW3 macro set.vks
    37.5 KB · Views: 19

1badfish

tried your test set again, and nothing! reassigned my set and same thing. Can only seem to rapid fire to work by holding down rapid fire akimbo on a tac switch and hiolding right triggerm, which cancels out ADS. It seems if i bump the right trigger repeatadly it will start to rapid fire on own. By the way i have been testing this with striker,mk14 and type 95.

NYjetsNY1

tried your test set again, and nothing! reassigned my set and same thing. Can only seem to rapid fire to work by holding down rapid fire akimbo on a tac switch and hiolding right triggerm, which cancels out ADS. It seems if i bump the right trigger repeatadly it will start to rapid fire on own. By the way i have been testing this with striker,mk14 and type 95.

What do you mean by nothing? None of the pages work, or they all work totally fine?

1badfish

WOW! just sent this controller in at end of october to fix tac switch that came loose. Was tested, everything was operational. The rapid fire works when you hold down the akimbo tac switch and hold right trigger. Ive tried adjusting speed,start/stop time. Just driving me crazy that its works when you hold that tac switch!