Rapid fire modes???

battlelog

My question is when you change modes, lets say I am on mode 1 I have my Famas set up on that, and I change to mode 2 which has my sniper set up. Now to get back to mode 1 do I have to cycle though all the modes or just turn off rapid fire and once you turn it on it goes back to mode 1. I have been playing BF3 and little by little I am tweeking the modes on this and its working pretty good i might add!!! VIKING YOUR CONTROLLER KICKS ***!!! If anyone has any questions or advice for BF3 setting PM me and we can help each other out, well THANKS EVEYONE.

odingalt

Staff member
Are you talking about rapidfire or fast reload or ? Which features are we talking about.

odingalt

Staff member
We don't have it set up to scroll forwards and backwards. We didn't think anyone would be using more than one rapidfire speed in a single match. We've also got all our buttons being used up for other Call of Duty mods (zombie auto-aim, dual trigger, akimbo firing, burst firing, jitter, dropshot, quickscope, sniper hold breath, fast reload, programmable button remapping) we had so many other features going on this controller we ran out of buttons to add more features.

battlelog

Oh ok thanks, I have my famas set up on a diffrent level then my sniper rifle level. Thats the only wat it will work if I use the set up i have on the famas on the sniper rifle it wont work, to much recoil. Oh well still figuring it out but thanks again for all the help.

odingalt

Staff member
How many shots do you need when you have the sniper? Full clip or can you use burst for the sniper rifle?

battlelog

It takes me about 2 to 3 shots with the sniper rifle to put some one down, but it also depends on the sniper rifle too. If you have the basic ones you start out with it could take a few more hits but all depends. I tried the burst fire and it kindia worked but alot of recoil on it. Right know I just go with the regular rapid fire, I have that set up on mode 2, at 2.0 sps.

Now on the Famas I have that set at 4.5 or 5.0 sps and its not on single shot, its on semi, you can do it on full auto but alot of recoil on it. I will tell you one thing on the Famas Im putting people down, it takes a bit to get use to because you have to make sure that when you respawn you put it back on semi. i am still trying to mess with other guns cause each one is diffrent but will let you on what I find out, I guess im the only one playing BF3 and using this controller?? Hope this helps out.

CheGuevara

Hey Jim,

I'm following your posts because your obviously a BF3 player like myself, I gave up on COD years ago, but I'll buy it anyway because I want to get the most out of my controller, who knows I might even find I like it? So to cut to the chase can you point me to the best thread for establishing rates of fires for individual guns or start a new thread that is centered on this theme? Seems like there is snippets of information all through the forums. I take it no other mods work?

I'm waiting for my controller to arrive and also have a clan member expecting a controller, I figured we could perhaps pick up from where you left off and really nut out the optimal settings for BF3, perhaps even if you let me know what doesn't work so I don't double up? I'm guessing rapidfire with the USAS and frag rounds on a map like Metro would spell annihilation?

Also in regards to your question about cycling between mod 1 & 2 (rapidfire settings) and wanting to quickly access them again without scrolling through the remaining mods. A simple work around If you haven't found a better remody is to assign mod 1 also to the mod 3 slot mod 2 to slot 4 then 1 to 5 and you get the picture that way you only ever cycling between the two.

Anyway this is getting a little long winded, hope your interested in putting our heads together and mutually helping each other out, otherwise thanks for your posts re:BF3.

Lastly not to hijack the thread but what COD do people recommend purchasing? I'm a bit of a sucker for flashy graphics, of course want good gameplay and couldn't care less about storylines as I rarely bother with campaign modes.

Che

Satanicat

Awesome tip CheGuevara, that is what I've been using lately as I tend to cycle between 3 different rapid fire speeds. Works like a charm.

I would always recommend the latest CoD if only because the developers are actively working to make sure the game exploits are being blocked (such as map glitching, elevator glitches and falling beneath the map). That being said if you prefer Hardcore Search and Destroy which is what I play 95% of the time, Black Ops has it perfect, although Infinity Ward is working hard with MW3. They launched MW3 without ricochet, which resulted in a lot of idiots team killing from the get go. That has since been fixed.

My other issue with MW3 is that, unlike Black Ops, there is no delay on explosives at the beginning of the round (ie: you can launch rockets, grenade launches [noob tubes] and grenades/semtex) and get kills. In Black Ops there was a 5 second or delay before explosives would work. This isn't a major deal, but there are some clans that run around using Javelins, and man does it ruin a good SnD match. I hope this gets patched in later though.

CheGuevara

Awesome tip CheGuevara, that is what I've been using lately as I tend to cycle between 3 different rapid fire speeds. Works like a charm.

I would always recommend the latest CoD if only because the developers are actively working to make sure the game exploits are being blocked (such as map glitching, elevator glitches and falling beneath the map). That being said if you prefer Hardcore Search and Destroy which is what I play 95% of the time, Black Ops has it perfect, although Infinity Ward is working hard with MW3. They launched MW3 without ricochet, which resulted in a lot of idiots team killing from the get go. That has since been fixed.

My other issue with MW3 is that, unlike Black Ops, there is no delay on explosives at the beginning of the round (ie: you can launch rockets, grenade launches [noob tubes] and grenades/semtex) and get kills. In Black Ops there was a 5 second or delay before explosives would work. This isn't a major deal, but there are some clans that run around using Javelins, and man does it ruin a good SnD match. I hope this gets patched in later though.

Thanks again Satanicat, how good is it that theres officially dropshot for BF3 (my preferred game). I haven't played CoD since Spearhead.... so I'm well out of touch, I figured the latest is usually the greatest, but sounds like Blackops is worth a spin....... I guess a visit to the video rental shop will settle this.

CheGuevara

Satinicat I'm not sure if Jimmorrison is still alive:rolleyes: do you think you could help me out with Rapid fire rates. I think we are in the right thread for it, but the information is scattered across the forums. Ill start a template and if people can add their preferred sps and modes for each gun..... hopefully at the end of it we have a comprehensive list of settings. Ill start it off with just the rates I have found you and Jim mention.....unfortunately Jim has a few rates he likes for the FAMMAS but i think this is his latest entry?

CheGuevara

BF3 Rapid Fire Chart 1

[h=3]Please feel free to contribute and take ownership of the template if you want to tweak it.

BF3[/h][h=3]Gun Class/Rapid Fire Settings/Fire Mode if Applicable[/h][h=3]Assault rifles[/h]
[h=3]Sniper rifles[/h]
[h=3]Light Machine Guns[/h]
[h=3]Carbines[/h]
[h=3]SMGs / Personal defense weapons[/h]
[h=3]Shotguns[/h]
[h=3]Pistols[/h]
[h=3]Rocket launchers[/h]
[h=3][/h][h=3][/h][h=3]B2K[/h][h=3][/h][h=3]WEAPONS/Rapid Fire Settings/Mode if Applicable[/h]
[h=3][/h]

Last edited:

battlelog

Sorry guys I have been working alot, my bad. Well I only use the famas so here are the speeds I use. I started out with 5.9, 6.8, 6.9, 8.7. Now there is recoil with these modes but once you get use to it you will be able to handle it alot better. I prefer the 6.9 mode just because im so use to it and I leave it on brust mode, you can do full auto but alot of recoil, single shot is good too but its a bit slow but your gun has less recoil. I have also tried the M416 and I use 5.9, 7.0, 8.5, 9.5, again all these modes create diffrent types of recoil, you just have to find the one that you like and go from there. On the sinper rifles it depends I have played around with it but when you use a fire mode your gun just has a **** load of recoil. I have seen that other controllers out there have like a double tap fire mode which is great but I just cant figure it out on the Ranarok, I will try to play with it, but I really cant snipe that good, dont have the patince for it, sorry.