Red Dead Redemption horse riding

Jabberwocky

I want to assign a "horse riding" macro to Button A and i want to enable/disable this macro with a tac switch.

1. Is it possible to use the normal button A function when macro for button A is disabled and to use the horse riding macro when it is enabled for button A ?
2. If the macro is enabled can i loop this macro for the time button A is pressed?

1. Yes, that's the point of having the toggle function for the Tac Switches.
2. The macros automatically loop if the button stays pressed.

Jabberwocky

It's not working for me.
The macro will not be activated for the A button when i use the tac switch (enable/disable).
Pressing an holding the A Button won't loop the macro. After i release the A button, the horse moves a bit, thats all.

If i use the same macro on a tac switch it is working, but not for the A button.
What could be the problem?

NYjetsNY1

The macros do not loop if you hold the button that the macro is assigned for. I'm not sure how RT/Rapid fire works, but I know if I hold my dropshot mod forever, I will only drop once each press. Looping will be available in a coming update.

All of my macros loop when held.
The way the rapid fires work for RT is by cancelling the press. Since the chip overrides any user input while a macro is running, they set RT to the lowest value on the timeline editor. Since there is no pressure value for the buttons I guess it's not possible to do such a thing while setting them to a button, only by setting them to a Tac switch.

odingalt

Staff member
Pyroman I think you have it figured out.

For the analog sticks, when the macro modchip takes over, it has full control.
Same goes for the analog joysticks - when the macro modchip takes over it has full control.

However with all the 'on / off' pushbuttons, if you hold down the button, you override anything the mod chip tries to do. (this is why we ended up going with all the extra programmable tac switches)

Jabberwocky

Thx for your answers.

If i get it right, the macro is executed one time when i release the A Button.
Holding down the A button does not loop, because the button overrides anything the mod chip tries to do.

Odin... I think you mean one of those to say triggers as opposed to sticks both times.
Jabber, I think your second point is mostly right, since technically the macro controller can't override the "on" you have by holding down the A button, yet it still plays the macro, just having no effect on what you are inputting. Having said that, when you release the A button, the macro plays it's final time through since it started it's last loop before you released the button giving the illusion of playing the macro once when the button was released.
It's all very technical.

odingalt

Staff member
The simple answer Pyro, for your particular application, you might try assigning your macro to a tactile switch instead of to the A button.