Right thumb stick stuck?

frankie79

Hey guys it's been awhile since I played my xbox one or used my Berserker controller. I recently got back into it and noticed that my view tends to drift upwards to the point it's annoying and taking the fun outta playing. I sent a support ticket in and just waiting to hear back but figured I would check in here as well. I updated my firmware and have tried out some of the rune packs for BO3 and they seem to work great aside from that issue. Any help or insight would be appreciated.

JIM WALKER

Hi Frankie, Had the same issue on 2 occasions, sadly the Viking warranty does not cover the stick drift problem, its due to the cheap crappy Microsoft components.
The only way to fix it is to replace the stick module, very risky but doable, have done so twice now, but failed the first attempt and lost the controller to the parts box.

frankie79

Thanks for the quick response. I've had my controller since they first came out so I figured it wouldn't be covered under warranty anyway. I'd rather not take my chances in trying to replace the thumb stick and have it end up a paperweight lol. Hopefully the guys at Viking can replace it for me for a reasonable fee and if feel better cuz well they know exactly what they are doing haha. I just ordered another controller too, now that I'm getting back into gaming. That and I still had the discount code for the macro 360 trade up that I forgot to use. :cool::D

JIM WALKER

Unfortunately even though they would be more than capable, Viking will refuse to do it, the time/ cost of repair/replacement of the stick module is such that a new controller is basically a cheaper option, that's why I attempted it myself, I had nothing to lose really.

odingalt

Staff member
We basically end up quoting a big discount on all-new controller guts (instead of really quoting it like a stick replacement). On the stick replacement, to access the joystick to desolder it requires dissassembly of the controller and 100% removal of the Berserker modchip to start. Then thumbstick replacement, then 100% re-installation of the Berserker modchip and reassembly of the controller. It actually ends up being more work to replace a single thumbstick, than it is to create a whole new controller from scratch. (Due to how complex the Berserker modchip installation is). If it's a solderless Berserker modchip this work gets a little easier to deal with, the soldered Berserker modchip is a nightmare.