Running on a Mac?

NYjetsNY1

Yes. You can run the software but it won't work on the controller on vmware fusion. Bootcamp has been said to work.

odingalt

Staff member
Mac users have had mixed results. Officially Viking360 doesn't support Mac :-( but if you happen to have some of the tools like bootcamp or vmware it's worth a shot!

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

odingalt said:
Mac users have had mixed results. Officially Viking360 doesn't support Mac :-( but if you happen to have some of the tools like bootcamp or vmware it's worth a shot!
i have heard of problems with VMware with the V360 software....but havent heard much from people who use bootcamp.

NYjetsNY1

NEpatsNE1 said:
odingalt said:
i have heard of problems with VMware with the V360 software....but havent heard much from people who use bootcamp.

They must have been doing something wrong then. Vmware fusion works fine with the software but your controller will not connect to it. So don't buy the viking360 if you just have vmware fusion.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

NYjetsNY1 said:
They must have been doing something wrong then. Vmware fusion works fine with the software but your controller will not connect to it. So don't buy the viking360 if you just have vmware fusion.
well thats kinda a big problem...also what i was talking about ahaha....but bootcamp i dont know of any problems with it.

NYjetsNY1

NEpatsNE1 said:
NYjetsNY1 said:
well thats kinda a big problem...also what i was talking about ahaha....but bootcamp i dont know of any problems with it.

Well sometimes I just load up vmware to make macros.

JLIT

I'm running on Parallels via my Mac Pro and havent had any issues with the software or controller syncing/transfering macro's. Can't comment whether or not VMWare success rate but I know this has been working beautifully, and probably because its set up correctly (that always helps). For all those virtual machine users make sure you check your configuration settings for USB when plugging in controller in programming mode so that your Virtual machine gets priority over the HID Device #2 (thats what my computer has been labeling the controller as), that way you get the new hardware recognized pop up in your windows task bar and from there you know your good if you get to that point. Good luck. Message me with questions about my set up if you need help

JeremyC95

odingalt said:

i got a windows 7 ultimate disc
but i was curious if VM would work before I partitioned my hard drive

NYjetsNY1

JeremyC95 said:
odingalt said:

i got a windows 7 ultimate disc
but i was curious if VM would work before I partitioned my hard drive

No matter what I've done VMware doesn't work with the controller syncing with software. It works for the software though! Gotta find out what JLIT does to get it to work with parallels!

swordfischer

I got it working with the PUEL version of VirtualBox for Linux (not MacOSX, but still) - it can "tunnel" USB devices through the Host OS to the Guest OS - works as intended.