Shipping out yet??

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaxWarrior

i have my but it said billing infomation recived but yal's email said that u were just waiting for ups to pick the packages up i dont understand that?

Ben

The tracking info is not instantly updated.

The Viking360 shop order the postage online and it sends you the tracking info email when they order that and then they have the ups man pick it up around 3-4ish every day and the status of your package will get updated maybe a few hours later depending on how good their system is. (this may be slightly wrong but you get the idea)

fathersin

The Viking360 shop order the postage online and it sends you the tracking info email when they order that and then they have the ups man pick it up around 3-4ish every day and the status of your package will get updated maybe a few hours later depending on how good their system is. (this may be slightly wrong but you get the idea)

I don't know how busy you guys are but you could drop off the controllers at post office and probly pay alot less. It cost me less then 5 dollers to ship my controller to Fredrow next day delivery course he lives only a few hundred miles away. I think insurance on packages will run another 90cents not sure if you all do that or not.

obo

fathersin said:

I don't know how busy you guys are but you could drop off the controllers at post office and probly pay alot less. It cost me less then 5 dollers to ship my controller to Fredrow next day delivery course he lives only a few hundred miles away. I think insurance on packages will run another 90cents not sure if you all do that or not.
How the hell do you pay around 5 bucks for NEXT DAY DELIVERY!??! How can i get involved with this? This is literally unheard of for me.

fathersin

How the hell do you pay around 5 bucks for NEXT DAY DELIVERY!??! How can i get involved with this? This is literally unheard of for me.

The controller in its box by itself only weighs like 9 oz or 11 so it costs only 4.95 for 2 day delivery so since fredrow lives about 120 miles from me it was gaurenteed next day for that price.

The way Viking is doing it fine but, they are buying pre planned 2 pound packages which is way more weight then is needed to ship the controllers.

Bottom line you save alot of cash by going in and having your package weighed.

odingalt

Staff member
fathersin said:

The controller in its box by itself only weighs like 9 oz or 11 so it costs only 4.95 for 2 day delivery so since fredrow lives about 120 miles from me it was gaurenteed next day for that price.

The way Viking is doing it fine but, they are buying pre planned 2 pound packages which is way more weight then is needed to ship the controllers.

Bottom line you save alot of cash by going in and having your package weighed.

The old legacy controllers, battery pack, extra batteries, PnC cable/3.5mm cable, packaging, padding and shipping box weighed in at 1 lbs 11 oz. The new box is just a tad lighter, I don't remember the weight my wife gave me but I want to say 1 lbs 8 oz. Unfortunately the shipping companies basically round up to the next pound. So 2 lbs. for the shipping calculation is actually accurate. Also we are new UPS customers so we have not been contacted by an account rep yet, we expect after we build up a reputation with UPS that we should be able to try to negotiate a small discount. (We ditched the USPS based on customers' complaints - USPS package tracking SUCKED)

Also you are ommitting delivery confirmation, signature confirmation service and insurance costs which end up doubling the costs at the USPS. The 120 miles away thing does really help with the USPS but only to a point. It sounds like Fredrow dropped a controller in there with no batt pack, no cable, no rumblepads to make that weight :) Our 1lbs 12oz packages cost us $12-$15 for the 2-3 day priority service depending on the destination when we used the USPS due to all those adders.

Status
Not open for further replies.