Some Suggestions after i tested the Software...

Vulnavia

I got my Controller some Days before, tested the Software and found some annoying Things.

First it would be nice to be able to move the Macros between the Buttons and Sticks instead of being forced to do it all over again if i want have the exact same for another Button or Stick.

Then i noticed the Software saves the Macros wrong sometimes eg. i put an up, down, left, right then i save and after Reload there is only a up, down and the left, right has vanished or also not only some are vanished but also they changed instead of up, down there was an up, up, and the left, right was connected instead of single and such stuff, really weird.

Also i seen it is possible to delete single Positions but i'm unable to copy and paste them, what is annoying too especialy with the lack of possiblity to move them between the Buttons and Sticks eg. i have builded a complex Macro for Left Analogstick and need the exact same for the Right Analogstick, but i can't move it and i can't copy and paste it, so the possiblity is to do all over agein for the RIght Stick, thats really annoying.

Also it would be nice to have Angles Marks in the Angle edit Control, like a 5° Scale from 0-360° and bigger ones for 0°,90°,180° and 270°or something like that, would make the Editing more accurate, especially if you need to do all over because of the lack of moving and/or Copy and Paste.

What i also had one Time was that the Syncing to the Controller was messed up, some Macros was missing, accured once then worked.

Else i'm happy with the Controller and the Software for now...

WetterThanWater

I believe that Odin said he was done updating the software, and many people have asked for copy/paste. Its probably not going to happen. Although the Angle marks could be nice.

Vulnavia

If only one of both would be possible, i mean being able to move the full set between Buttons or being able to copy/paste them, it would be enough. So if Copy and Paste is a Problem then why not simply add the possiblity to move the full Set to/between another Button or Stick?

What i also miss a bit is being able to save individual Pages, but thats not a Priority, it would simply be nice to be able to save single Pages too and also then being able to load them into the currently active Page instead of the currently loading of full Sets which then overwrites all Pages together, but well its only a thought i had while testing the Software.

And yeahh the Angle marks would be really nice, another possiblity for that would be a floating Dynamic Hottip which displays the actual Angle while moving, propably its even easier to implement instead of the fixed Angle marks.

darinseng

With the lack of cut and paste, how difficult would it be to save the macro's in a text format that would allow outside editors to do cut and pasting? This really could speed up complex development of macro's.

darinseng

Vulnavia said:
If only one of both would be possible, i mean being able to move the full set between Buttons or being able to copy/paste them, it would be enough. So if Copy and Paste is a Problem then why not simply add the possiblity to move the full Set to/between another Button or Stick?

What i also miss a bit is being able to save individual Pages, but thats not a Priority, it would simply be nice to be able to save single Pages too and also then being able to load them into the currently active Page instead of the currently loading of full Sets which then overwrites all Pages together, but well its only a thought i had while testing the Software.

And yeahh the Angle marks would be really nice, another possiblity for that would be a floating Dynamic Hottip which displays the actual Angle while moving, propably its even easier to implement instead of the fixed Angle marks.

I think this is sort of possible by saving the button macro and then loading it to another button. Its sort of a pain but it has worked for me when moving macros around to other buttons. I maybe missunderstaning you question though.

odingalt

Staff member
darinseng said:
With the lack of cut and paste, how difficult would it be to save the macro's in a text format that would allow outside editors to do cut and pasting? This really could speed up complex development of macro's.

The protocol used to make up the 'macro stream' is a lot more complicated than just copy/paste. Everything is time-stamped. All the time-stamps have to be shifted. In addition, some of the commands in the protocol include 'tween' commands. Therefore the macro software is storing a start and end times, start and end values, and the macro is calculating tween steps based on that information.

Straight copying/pasting in a text format would quickly corrupt the timestamps. There is a lot of recfactoring that occurs even with the simplest of changes to the tracks in the GUI.

odingalt

Staff member
Vulnavia said:
Then i noticed the Software saves the Macros wrong sometimes eg. i put an up, down, left, right then i save and after Reload there is only a up, down and the left, right has vanished or also not only some are vanished but also they changed instead of up, down there was an up, up, and the left, right was connected instead of single and such stuff, really weird.

Are you running off the CD or the latest on the website? Do you have the ability to show this bug in a youtube video?

Vulnavia

I downloaded the newest Software and never installed the one that was on the CD.

Also if Copy/Paste is not easy possibly, what about cloning the Buttons directly? I mean like put whats on left Analog to the right Analog or put whats on A to Y,X,B directly? Because it is possible to add Macros to single Buttons, yes, but if i have a complicated Macro on the Left Analog i have no possiblity to put it into the right Analog Stick as doing all again, think thats a bit annoying.

And what about the flying Hottip to display the actual Angle while editing Analogsticks? Think this should really easy to implement and would also be great Help.

Also about the single Pagesave, i know that it is possible to save single Macros out of a Page and also reload them to single Buttons, which is "Its sort of a pain" like darinseng said. But what i mean is saving one Page as a Page and being able to load a single Page into a Page. For me, its exactly what is missing actualy, because actualy you can save the full Set or single Macros but no Pages?!

The Problem is, if you build a Page for a specific Game you have to save the full Set and also loading the Full Set, if you have other Sets with Pages for other Games which you want have in another Set, then you have to build all again for the other Set, not really cool! Much better would be being able to save Pages too and so to have the possiblity to load individual Pages into a Set, that would make Things really cool!

About the Bug with saving wrong stuff, its simple to test, put some Things into the Analogstick like left right left right up up up down or so and save, then reload and some will be gone or have been changed from what they was before, this happened for me while i rebuiled a complex Macro for the right Analog that was allready on the left, the only Solution was then to close the Software and made the Macro from on an empty page while opening another instance of the Software with the Macro loaded so that i was able to copy it from Eye. After that it was saved correctly.

NYjetsNY1

I downloaded the newest Software and never installed the one that was on the CD.

Also if Copy/Paste is not easy possibly, what about cloning the Buttons directly? I mean like put whats on left Analog to the right Analog or put whats on A to Y,X,B directly? Because it is possible to add Macros to singl Buttons, yes, but if i have a complicated Macro on the Left Analog i have no possiblity to put it into the right Analog Stick as doing all again, think thats a bit annoying.

Save the entire macro on the left analog stick and put that macro on the the right analog stick

Vulnavia

Exactly thats not possible, if the Macro is made for the left analog Stick its not poissible to simply load it into the right, then its still a Macro for the Left analog Stick and not one for the Right. The Cloning is not supposed for the Mainscreen, it is supposed for the Macroeditingscreen. So that if you made an complex Macro for one Stick or Button, you can simply clone it to another Button or Stick. Everything else would be pointless, because its allready possible to load single Macros into what Button or Stick you like. ;)

Daemon Vita

What about the ability to copy/paste a rune?
Example, I make a rune for rapid fire, it is simple. I want to make another just like it and to change fire rate all I have to do is change speed setting.
So I copy previous rune and then paste it, change name and speed setting.

Now I have found a way to do this having to use sharing pack to public and then downloading the shared one. The problem is now I have doubles of runes that are being used and unsure which are the used ones. I state this because if I can get a new copy from public then there IS a way to copy a rune for easy of making a another slightly modified so it is possible for the software to do it.

odingalt

Staff member
Hey sorry I was late to this. I didn't have a chance to read this post in great detail, but thank you for taking the time to drop by and offer some feedback on the software.