Sometimes the Controller has issues, sometimes not

olaHalo

I have a few problems with my Macro Controller.
typically it works fine. however when I create large vks files (actually not large, but when i go over 2 pages) and export them to the controller it sometimes acts up
for example. ONLY with the USB cable plugged into the xbox for plug and play inserted, the controller will press X+Y when i press X. And it also when i press Y.
this is not part of my vks at all and it only happens if the controller is plugged (actually it happens if the batteries are low too but not often)

my solution has been to break my VKS files into different files and export them as i need them rather than "changing pages" on the controller.

another minor issue is with the software itself. the software does not remember my individual vkm names. i save them as "whatever.vkm" and when i assign it to a key it is renamed as some default name i cant remember at the moment. something like "unsaved.vkm." It does in fact load my vkm and it works fine, but when every vkm is named the same default name it gets confusing

thanks for any help

i can upload screenshots and/or any vkms or vks

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Your controller seems to have a hardware defect. Mine personally goes into programming mode when the batteries are fully charged or going dead. It almost seems like your X and Y button are soldered together but the fishy thing is it only happens at certain points.

Your VKM file saving issue is a simple fix, when you save a macro you can save it to your file location of choice with a name to whatever you would like however to change the name in the software you have to go to the cogs at the top right of the editor and change the name of the macro. Hope that helps man!

odingalt

Staff member
The X and Y issue, I am concerned there, sounds more like an intermittent hardware issue. Not a sofware issue. If it gets worse or more frequent you should write in a support ticket and point them to this thread. My advice to our staff would be to replace the whole controller (rather than trying to fix a ghost problem that could just pop up again). Hoping this is relatively new so you are still under warranty :)

olaHalo

Your controller seems to have a hardware defect. Mine personally goes into programming mode when the batteries are fully charged or going dead. It almost seems like your X and Y button are soldered together but the fishy thing is it only happens at certain points.

Your VKM file saving issue is a simple fix, when you save a macro you can save it to your file location of choice with a name to whatever you would like however to change the name in the software you have to go to the cogs at the top right of the editor and change the name of the macro. Hope that helps man!
thanks for the input; especially about the VKM naming

The X and Y issue, I am concerned there, sounds more like an intermittent hardware issue. Not a sofware issue. If it gets worse or more frequent you should write in a support ticket and point them to this thread. My advice to our staff would be to replace the whole controller (rather than trying to fix a ghost problem that could just pop up again). Hoping this is relatively new so you are still under warranty
icon_e_smile.gif
yes the controller is only a month old
thanks for the help

odingalt

Staff member
I had the opportunity to process this return myself. Confirmed the X and Y appear to be shorted when running a button test code. Inspected the X and Y connections all over the modchip and found the issue.

When I originally assembled the clip to the modchip's circuit board, I had to touch up the X and Y points, I used some flux to do so. The flux itself I believe was causing an intermittent short or a capacitance that was causing the X to think it was being pressed when the Y was being pressed, and vice-a-versa.

That modchip has been cleaned. Problem cleared itself right away. Button test code running great. Your X and Y button are now separated like they should be and the controller is going into Thursday's FedEx pickup.

olaHalo

I had the opportunity to process this return myself. Confirmed the X and Y appear to be shorted when running a button test code. Inspected the X and Y connections all over the modchip and found the issue.

When I originally assembled the clip to the modchip's circuit board, I had to touch up the X and Y points, I used some flux to do so. The flux itself I believe was causing an intermittent short or a capacitance that was causing the X to think it was being pressed when the Y was being pressed, and vice-a-versa.

That modchip has been cleaned. Problem cleared itself right away. Button test code running great. Your X and Y button are now separated like they should be and the controller is going into Thursday's FedEx pickup.
i see
thank you for personally handling the repair and return.
i was in no hurry, but i thank you for your haste.
ill always recommend these products to others