Sps Help

YoungPuzzlez

i have tried many differant custom speeds in the hex editer. i have tried 27.40 13.80 44.00 27.80 13.40 14.60 and finaly 14.80 i no most ppl say that 27.40 is the best and it broberly is but all these speeds seem to skip alot i do understand they skip once in a while but mine does it quite ofton just wondering weather im doing something wrong or if anyone can help me thanks

Fredrow

YoungPuzzlez said:
i have tried many differant custom speeds in the hex editer. i have tried 27.40 13.80 44.00 27.80 13.40 14.60 and finaly 14.80 i no most ppl say that 27.40 is the best and it broberly is but all these speeds seem to skip alot i do understand they skip once in a while but mine does it quite ofton just wondering weather im doing something wrong or if anyone can help me thanks

Uhhhhh..... What are you talking about???

odingalt

Staff member
All those speeds are higher than the max speed for COD:MW2. Max speed is closer to 10sps. Anything over the limit will cause skippy shooting as the in-game rapidfire detection is turning on when you go too fast.

Fredrow

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
also i think you are the first person having problems with 13.80 or 27.40 sps.

What question's are you guy's answering??

This kid didn't even list a game, he gives no information at all in his first post....... I have a ton ideas I could put down but why, what's the point?

YoungPuzzlez

i think its quite clear its mw2 all im saying my custom speed which i set it to 27.40 seems to skip alot just wanted to no if anyone got any question or help if not dont worry maybe its the version of hex editor im useing or not ....? im sure i have the latest one and also in the hidbootloader do i have to click debug with my custom he files i make to program with ?

modded matt

no debug, not the editor. it could be partially caused by weak batteries. but regardless, bring the sps down to around 10 sps for mw2 fal and you will have alot smoother fire rate.

apcoop7

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
IrishStyle said:
Also LAG or firing into Smoke or air strikes will cause mod lockup too.
flashbangs too

I know one of the biggest factors is how good the connection to the host is. Lets say you're the host of the game your shots will rarely skip. When I have play some games, my connection will have three bars and my shots will really start to skip. I know this will happen with any modded controller. I have an evil controller that shoots really fast, but when I'm lagging it shoots so terrible I just want to throw my controller in the trash.

My advice to you is find at least 3 rapid fire speeds that work really well for you, that way when it seems to be shooting slower, adjust the speed and you'll be happy.

I use 27.40, 27.60, 14.60 and MW2 Preset

BTW just a thought, I wonder what kind of effect a change in the SPS by lets say 0.5 would have?

odingalt

Staff member
YoungPuzzlez said:
i think its quite clear its mw2 all im saying my custom speed which i set it to 27.40 seems to skip alot just wanted to no if anyone got any question or help if not dont worry maybe its the version of hex editor im useing or not ....? im sure i have the latest one and also in the hidbootloader do i have to click debug with my custom he files i make to program with ?

Again... to quote myself which completely answers your question:

"All those speeds are higher than the max speed for COD:MW2. Max speed is closer to 10sps. Anything over the limit will cause skippy shooting as the in-game rapidfire detection is turning on when you go too fast."

odingalt

Staff member
apcoop7 said:

BTW just a thought, I wonder what kind of effect a change in the SPS by lets say 0.5 would have?

The controller over-estimates speed by about 15%-20%. So when you choose 14.60, you're really getting around 11-12 SPS.

27.60 / 2 = 13.8. Which is close to 14.60.

Here's what is happening when you pick 27.40 (which is over twice the in-game cap for COD:MW2): the game doesn't even recognize every-other trigger pull because it's too fast.

The cap is the cap is the cap. Smoothest firing rate is somewhere from 10-12 SPS for COD:MW2. Other speeds may *seem* faster, at the expensive of the smooth firing. Why? Because you might exceed the cap and shoot really fast for 3-4 shots, then the game slows you down until your average is under the cap. So you can theoretically get a faster firing rate but it's only in short bursts and leads the shooting to be more choppy.

If you want smooth firing stay down around the 10's.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

odingalt said:
apcoop7 said:

The controller over-estimates speed by about 15%-20%. So when you choose 14.60, you're really getting around 11-12 SPS.

Here's what is happening when you pick 27.40 (which is over twice the in-game cap for COD:MW2): the game doesn't even recognize every-other trigger pull because it's too fast.

The cap is the cap is the cap. Smoothest firing rate is somewhere from 10-12 SPS for COD:MW2. Other speeds may *seem* faster, at the expensive of the smooth firing. Why? Because you might exceed the cap and shoot really fast for 3-4 shots, then the game slows you down until your average is under the cap. So you can theoretically get a faster firing rate but it's only in short bursts and leads the shooting to be more choppy.

i dont know/agree it seems that with 10sps it feels ALOT slower than say 27.40sps.

apcoop7

odingalt said:
apcoop7 said:

Thanks I wasn't sure how the whole sps system worked. How exactly do we know the fire rate is 13.80? I hear you can use a program to run tests I might be wrong

v360Reflex

i hope there is something like that like where you can test it out sum how before you actually program it to your Controller and yeah how does .5 sps effect the sps??

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

v360Reflex said:
i hope there is something like that like where you can test it out sum how before you actually program it to your Controller and yeah how does .5 sps effect the sps??
no offence but think about that yourself....thats a rhetorical question.