Suggestion

JLIT

I know copy and paste isn't as easy to implement into the timeline editor as many would assume but the possibility of copying full pages be possible? I just know when I'm testing new macro's out I hate to have to add all my other tested working macros to each page when trying to slightly modify my current set up with a new added macro I'm testing. I know a way to prevent this would be to add a page and just add that macro.

Would there ever be a way to load multiple vks files? Lets say for instance I Had a VKS file that I knew covered 6 pages (the first six). Would it be possible to load a second set (VKS file) that I knew only covered the pages 7-13? I know this would be big coding headache but I think having that ability would really make working with the software massively easier when testing out or trying out others VKS files without having to completely get rid of your setup and having to reconnect controller and resync to get back to your normal set if it didnt' end up being something you liked. Sorry if this is confusing I wish I could word it better

odingalt

Staff member
I am going to copy-and-paste something that actually comes directly from the original scheduling document we used when developing the software:

"Timeline editor (optional)
Multiple marker selection and group operations (rough)
Square selection using mouse (rough)
Copy-paste operations (rough)"

For these basic operations, the quote to get the basic features added I got from the developer was for somewhere around 100 man-hours of programming, which gets really pricey really quick. Especially if they run into troubles and need more hours to complete the task. At this point I'm not sure if we are going to pay to have these features added or not - A bunch of other feature requests have surfaced since I originally scoped this project that I felt we should invest in first.

At some point we'll have to stop making improvements to the software and just try to make some money with what we got. We still blow the pants off the other mod shops even with as-is software. But I'll be the first to agree, I get tired of clicking a lot of dots to make macros and if you don't map out your macro ahead of time you may end up doing two or three times as many clicks than needed just to draw up your macro.

Tonight I created a spreadsheet to track feature requests and bug reports (believe it or not I've been trying to do all this from memory) so I will add you to 'the list' but I am going for the low hanging fruit first. :oops:

odingalt

Staff member
For some reason when I read your post initially I was thinking features in the timeline editor, like copy paste move etc. I think you meant more control on moving things around on the home page.

I think adding more flexibility to the home page is possible without getting into too many hours of programming. Let me read your post more carefully and add your request to 'the list'. I too have been annoyed with re-arranging my pages. I'd like to see a little more flexibility in this arena.

JLIT

I totally understand reasons for prioritizing feature requests and allocating the resources able to the most cost/overall efficiency. I was in fact referring to the home page features moreso than timeline oriented or actual individual macro by macro basis. The overall ability to save pages or dots would be an awesome addition. So that you could have page files just as we have .vkm's for macro's, .vks's for Macro Sets. If this wasn't too hard that would make things amazingly easier for when you just want to add in or remove, alter, etc your previous macro sets to reflect your current needs without having to draw up a new macro set or go in and edit in the changes to the current one. Thanks for staying on top of it