Suggestion...

WetterThanWater

I think it would be a pain to get every shade into it, but I do like the idea, but I think Odin should be working more on looping macros.

NYjetsNY1

WetterThanWater said:
I think it would be a pain to get every shade into it, but I do like the idea, but I think Odin should be working more on looping macros.

Exactly, no one is going to work on suggestions until the actually important stuff gets done.

shaoliin

WetterThanWater said:

I love you and your comment.... epecially the part about looping macros!!!!! ;)

odingalt

Staff member
NEpatsNE1 said:
instead of having certain colors in the color selection tool why not add a RGB color sliders? just wondering/suggesting

Originally we designed for an RGB slider that would allow more like 8 varying shades of each color and the ability to reproduce several hundred different colors. It actually worked pretty good in the lab on our first prototype. The problem is when you try to shove these huge RGB LED's under the small 'light tube' (the XBOX guide button is really a light tube for LED's) it's hard to get the RGB LED's situated perfectly under the tube. We picked the 16 best colors and offered those so that the color reproduction is more consistent across all the controllers out there.

If we unlocked the hundreds of colors, everybody would bitch about how player 1 LED isn't the same exact color has player 4 LED... because those RGB LED's aren't situated perfectly under the light tube and it can be noticeable when using colors other than the 16 we picked out. Also battery life can affect the LED's as well. Although less so now that I have battery-voltage-correction in the firmware on the LED's (with fresh batteries the LED's are dimmed... with dying batteries the LED's are output at max).

NYjetsNY1

odingalt said:
NEpatsNE1 said:
instead of having certain colors in the color selection tool why not add a RGB color sliders? just wondering/suggesting

Originally we designed for an RGB slider that would allow more like 8 varying shades of each color and the ability to reproduce several hundred different colors. It actually worked pretty good in the lab on our first prototype. The problem is when you try to shove these huge RGB LED's under the small 'light tube' (the XBOX guide button is really a light tube for LED's) it's hard to get the RGB LED's situated perfectly under the tube. We picked the 16 best colors and offered those so that the color reproduction is more consistent across all the controllers out there.

If we unlocked the hundreds of colors, everybody would complain about how player 1 LED isn't the same exact color has player 4 LED... because those RGB LED's aren't situated perfectly under the light tube and it can be noticeable when using colors other than the 16 we picked out. Also battery life can affect the LED's as well. Although less so now that I have battery-voltage-correction in the firmware on the LED's (with fresh batteries the LED's are dimmed... with dying batteries the LED's are output at max).

Good way to do it.