Support??

mailman30

I am having problems with a controller I just purchased from this site. The lights blink in a random pattern and the mod does not function. How do I get support for this problem? I tried to submit a support ticket, but I could not sign in to create one.

obo

this happens when you turn on the controller correct?

You're using the custom preset editor right?

try reflashing it. That's what i do when it happens to me.

mailman30

I re flashed the controller and it worked for a short time and then right back to doing the same thing. Random pattern of flashing and the mod will not work.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

mailman30 said:
I re flashed the controller and it worked for a short time and then right back to doing the same thing. Random pattern of flashing and the mod will not work.
Try this turn it on so it does this then remove the batteries and let it sit like that for about 5 minutes then power up normally

obo

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
mailman30 said:
Try this turn it on so it does this then remove the batteries and let it sit like that for about 5 minutes then power up normally
I do this sometime too.

A quicker solution for me is to re-flash the controller.

Mailman, try flashing your controller with one of the pre-made drivers that would best fit you, which can be downloaded here:

http://viking360.com/download-software- ... cy-drivers

and then let me know if you're recieving this problem after a day or so of using it.

odingalt

Staff member
Mailman can you post the file for the driver you are using? Is this out of the custom driver editor?

obo

odingalt said:
Mailman can you post the file for the driver you are using? Is this out of the custom driver editor?
the custom setting that i'm using is uploaded to this post Odin. It does the same thing as mailman's and was created by the custom pre-set editor.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WPX4ANSA <---this is the driver that I'm using.

The only reason i uploaded to Megaupload is because for some reason the forums wouldn't let me upload the custom hex's as an attatchment :(

mailman30

Sorry about taking so long to reply back. I loaded a different file from the hex editor and it seems to be working fine at the moment. Thanks for all of your help... :)

mailman30

I updated everything on my computer because I could not get the software to unzip without an error. I got that fixed, now when I try to program the mod I get a new error.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '113' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'minimum' and 'maximum'.
Parameter name: Value
at System.Windows.Forms.ProgressBar.set_Value(Int32 value)
at HIDBootLoader.Form1.tmr_ThreadStatus_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4206 (VistaSP2GDR.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
HIDBootLoader
Assembly Version: 1.0.3184.25929
Win32 Version:
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$EX33.667/HIDBootLoader.exe
msvcm80
Assembly Version: 8.0.50727.4053
Win32 Version: 8.00.50727.4053
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/WinSxS/x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.4053_none_d08d7da0442a985d/msvcm80.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4205 (VistaSP2GDR.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Fredrow

[color=#00FFFF said:
mailman30[/color]]I updated my frame work right before I got this error message.

Well it seems that you botched the update of frame works somehow. Because it shows that your still running frame works v2.0 as you can read/see in that group of data errors that you posted earlier. Here is what I'm talking about.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

Here is the link to download .NET Framework 4, http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/aa569263.aspx

I hope this helps you out! If you still have trouble just leave another post on here.