Switching vanilla joysticks on 360 pad

ThomB

Hey all

I am going to mod a 360 controller into another case (smaller) and Im wondering if it is feasable to replace the current joysticks with PSP variants? (you know the small useless ones), this controller would be used for someone with limited movement so please be kind.

modded matt

there is no difference in size when you get down to it. not to mention most ps3 are 4 pin hall sensors, whereas the xbox are three pin potenimitors. Not saying it cant be dont, because it has, but many very experianced modders have tried and failed. Good luck.

Not to take anything away from the viking website, you may get better luck from ablegammers for info about usage, and Acidmods for info about how to do what you want.

This forum is focused around its specific product.

ThomB

Cheers for the info Matt, will head on over and give those sites a visit.

Just to clarify I am asking about the "PSP" not "PS3" joystick, the idea is to make a very small controller about the size of a PSP Go.

Again many thanks.

modded matt

WOW yes, this is a big mod. I believe one of the latest mod off contestants used a psp stick on a controller. I would suggest creating your smaller controller as just a housing and buttons. then plug it into a standard (modified) controller which has all the actual transmission complainants.

Last edited:

ThomB

Hey matt, this is an interesting idea, I have some spare 360 and PSP joysticks on there way to me now to test this, didnt realize how cheap these things can be obtained!

Again cheers for your help on this one