Technical post: what's different about the macro mod chip?

Kamikazekid

Yeah I had a question about the memory. I was told that the controller will fit 5 or 6 pages of macros, does that include other modes such as jitter? Also would it be better to wait until a new version of the controller to come out for an increased amount of memory? I don't want to buy it and 3 months later it gets outdone by simply putting more memory on it. Don't you think there isn't enough memory on this thing, or is it more than I'm think?

Toymachine363

Its not exactly a question but i think that if you have a legacy controller u should get a discount or get a trade in value or something :p. obviosly there wont be but if i could come across 50 bucks and sell my 170 dollar hammer for 150, i would get this new controller.

odingalt

Staff member
We thought long and hard about existing customer discounts, at the end of the day we decided against it because we were worried existing customers would keep their raven/hammer/tyr's hand and give the discount coupon codes to their friends.

Toymachine363

odingalt said:
We thought long and hard about existing customer discounts, at the end of the day we decided against it because we were worried existing customers would keep their raven/hammer/tyr's hand and give the discount coupon codes to their friends.
oh wow i never wouldve even thought of that. if its possible i want to sell my hammer and buy a macro but i dont know how easy thats going to be. but one of my biggest concerns is if i buy a macro, and a month later a new upgrade comes out and makes me feel like i do now. i got my hammer i dont know maybe 4 months ago and i love it but i always love to stay up to date and theres no way i can get this new controller just on demand. i just dont want the legacy controllers to be forgotten about and get no cool new technology or game updates.

Ben

Toymachine363 said:
odingalt said:
oh wow i never wouldve even thought of that. if its possible i want to sell my hammer and buy a macro but i dont know how easy thats going to be. but one of my biggest concerns is if i buy a macro, and a month later a new upgrade comes out and makes me feel like i do now. i got my hammer i dont know maybe 4 months ago and i love it but i always love to stay up to date and theres no way i can get this new controller just on demand. i just dont want the legacy controllers to be forgotten about and get no cool new technology or game updates.

I don't think there will be a new controller for a while.. This one can do everything.. what more could you want?

Toymachine363

Ben. said:
Toymachine363 said:
odingalt said:

I don't think there will be a new controller for a while.. This one can do everything.. what more could you want?

ONE THAT MAKES PANDA NOISES. jk lol idk but im sure soon theyll be something in reach or black ops that can only be taken advantage of with a new chip but i honestly don t know much about the chips so i dont really know what im saying right now. but one thing i dont understand is that the two cool designs, halo reach and serpent black,are 200 dollars. but that is the same price as the black and white. the bio hazard shell cost an extra 60 dollars to be put in any legacy controller. i think that the price should be lowered for anyone getting the basic white or black. i also was wondering if the controller also came with a rechargeable battery pack like the legacy controller did?

odingalt

Staff member
The price on the Serpent custom shell is a pre-order sale basically. It's a gimmick to try to help drive pre-order sales so we don't go cash poor while we're waiting for product launch day. If there are any Serptent shells left on launch day (it doesn't look like there would be), the price would probably go up. Or alternately the black/white plain controllers go down. Not sure which way it's going to go yet :).

obo

odingalt said:
The price on the Serpent custom shell is a pre-order sale basically. It's a gimmick to try to help drive pre-order sales so we don't go cash poor while we're waiting for product launch day. If there are any Serptent shells left on launch day (it doesn't look like there would be), the price would probably go up. Or alternately the black/white plain controllers go down. Not sure which way it's going to go yet :).
are you saying that the plain white and black controllers could possibly reduce in price in the future?

odingalt

Staff member
I guess the only thing I can confirm is that the pricing structure will possibly be as follows:

Cheapest: 'Plain' stock microsoft controller shells
More expensive: 'Special edition' microsoft shells
Most expensive: Viking custom painted shells

The Halo: Reach is an odd case, because Microsoft is so cheap they didn't bother to include a battery pack or a PnC cable with their special edition. So in addition to paying $65 for the controllwe have to shell out another $15-$20 for the play-n'-charge pack.

Toymachine363

i think itd be nice to see the black and white go down :D. and just wondering but when you discussed the possible discounted price for past viking users, what was the price discount?

Kamikazekid

odingalt said:
I guess the only thing I can confirm is that the pricing structure will possibly be as follows:

The Halo: Reach is an odd case, because Microsoft is so cheap they didn't bother to include a battery pack or a PnC cable with their special edition. So in addition to paying $65 for the controllwe have to shell out another $15-$20 for the play-n'-charge pack.
Odin that makes sense.

Toymachine363 said:
i think itd be nice to see the black and white go down :D. and just wondering but when you discussed the possible discounted price for past viking users, what was the price discount?
I just want to say, Toy machine, that if you compare the old controllers' prices to the prices we are offered now, we are getting a much better deal. The old controllers were offered for more money with less stuff, and now you are asking to bring the price down even further??? These guys are trying to make some money and I think that $200 for the best controller out there is a wonderful price. I almost think that the serpent black should have been higher in price because they spent more money on the thing.

I think it should go:
$200: 'Plain' stock microsoft controller shells
$230? 'Special edition' microsoft shells
$250? Viking custom painted shells

Only because these guys are trying to make a profit and the prices are very fair.

Toymachine363

Kamikazekid said:
odingalt said:

Odin that makes sense.

Toymachine363 said:
I just want to say, Toy machine, that if you compare the old controllers' prices to the prices we are offered now, we are getting a much better deal. The old controllers were offered for more money with less stuff, and now you are asking to bring the price down even further??? These guys are trying to make some money and I think that $200 for the best controller out there is a wonderful price. I almost think that the serpent black should have been higher in price because they spent more money on the thing.

yeah thats exactly what i was worried about.... i paid $170 for my hammer and i love it, but now i know that i could get an insane controller for like 50 dollars more. thats why i was asking if there was a discount.

I think it should go:
$200: 'Plain' stock microsoft controller shells
$230? 'Special edition' microsoft shells
$250? Viking custom painted shells

Only because these guys are trying to make a profit and the prices are very fair.

Toymachine363

okay well something awesome happened today. i got a hundred dollars so im about 114 dollars away. also i might be able to sell my hammer for 150 to my friend. OR this person actually might buy the new controller for me so i can keep my hammer AND the hundred dollars. or use the money from my hammer and the huindred and buy an HD PVR. yay

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Toymachine363 said:
okay well something awesome happened today. i got a hundred dollars so im about 114 dollars away. also i might be able to sell my hammer for 150 to my friend. OR this person actually might buy the new controller for me so i can keep my hammer AND the hundred dollars. or use the money from my hammer and the huindred and buy an HD PVR. yay
want to buy me an HD PVR????...lol jkjkjk

Toymachine363

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
Toymachine363 said:
want to buy me an HD PVR????...lol jkjkjk

hmm i could get the girl thats buying my macro for me to buy you on if u want :p lmao jkjk