Technical post: what's different about the macro mod chip?

Toymachine363

I JUST GOT A GREAT IDEA. one of the most annoying parts about xbox controllers, are the low battery warning lights. mine show up on my sleeper when i still have 2 and sometimes 3 bars of batter left. i can never tell what made im in! and for the macro, its going to be even worse! multiple colors flashing constantly, while your trying to see what kind of page you are using.... its gonna be awful. is there ANYTHING you can do about disabling that?

v360Reflex

odingalt said:
First software will release has 5 pages, midway through October we will release the update for up to 16 pages if you really want them all, somehow we missed the color selection on the initial release, this will be fixed immediately/ASAP so stay tuned for a software update already in the first or second week of October.

Somebody help take over for me I'm starting to have deja vu in the forums lol. I might actually stop coming in for the next week or two and just wait for the product to be released so I can quit answering the same three questions.

ONLY THE TACTILE SWITCHES CAN CHANGE PAGES
ONLY THE TACTILE SWITCHES CAN SCROLL THROUGH MODES (When that feature is released in the first update along with the LED color selection fix)
ONLY THE TACTILE SWITCHES CAN BE USED TO TOGGLE A MACRO ON/OFF

This is done because the controller is already going to confuse the hell out of customers, if you let customers choose the Button A as the page-scroll button, they'll submit support tickets all day asking why their game character jumps every time they hit the button to change pages....

my bad i just forgot and couldnt find the other posts you made about this question well this is gunna be EPIC! :D

Toymachine363

Odin i have another question. you've probably already answered it but i jsut want to be specificly sure. ok so you mentioned that the tac switches will be the only thing to switch through modes but thats only after the october update or whatever? so until then, are the controls going to be similar to the sleeper/duo? such as LT+sync= mod on/off. or are they going to come pre-loaded with a starter mode such as how the controllers are when you first get them?

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Toymachine363 said:
Odin i have another question. you've probably already answered it but i jsut want to be specificly sure. ok so you mentioned that the tac switches will be the only thing to switch through modes but thats only after the october update or whatever? so until then, are the controls going to be similar to the sleeper/duo? such as LT+sync= mod on/off. or are they going to come pre-loaded with a starter mode such as how the controllers are when you first get them?
no tac switches.

Toymachine363

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
Toymachine363 said:
no tac switches.

by "no tac swithces" do you mean no to my statement and the tac switches are in use or did u mean that there will be no use of the tac swithces?

Toymachine363

so that means the sync button wont be in the recording button ability? even though i cant thing of a use for it.... but just wondering

Ben

Every single button is wired up (including the sync). I'm pretty sure they having put it in the software (I may be wrong!) as you said not much use for it, but I'm sure if enough people request it they may throw it on the software or something.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

all buttons are hooked up(except sync) as an input(I.E rapid fire jitter quick scope mod etc.) BUT to switch and toggle modes it is the tac switches ONLY.

odingalt

Staff member
When you power up the controller using the START button, the controller will automatically go into programming mode. LED2 and LED3 turn on. When you plug it into the computer, lights will be blinking in a specific pattern (you will definitely be able to tell this sucker is in programming mode). You will still have to manually launch the macro editor software in windows. But at least no more having to pull the battery pack out. You just need to turn off the controller through the XBOX360 menus, then power it back up using the start button.

When you power up the controller using the guide button, the controller powers up normally and starts you out on 'page 1'.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

odingalt said:
When you power up the controller using the START button, the controller will automatically go into programming mode. LED2 and LED3 turn on. When you plug it into the computer, lights will be blinking in a specific pattern (you will definitely be able to tell this sucker is in programming mode). You will still have to manually launch the macro editor software in windows. But at least no more having to pull the battery pack out. You just need to turn off the controller through the XBOX360 menus, then power it back up using the start button.

When you power up the controller using the guide button, the controller powers up normally and starts you out on 'page 1'.
I never used to pull the battery pack out I always shut it off through the menu(I thought you did that so the noobs wouldn't screw up) but I have never had a problem doing it that way......also I thought there was a tac switch near the top on the back to put it into programming mode....is that still there/was it there? If it's still there can you put the controller into programming mode without shutting the controller and booting into programming mode?