This May Sound Dumb But... :-)

Drastic

I have a hard time understanding what logic u mean by shooting my dreams down?
direct X12 is just another added benifit to XB1 owners and should be viewed as a benifical hardware update and to say it won't make a difference is missinforming and misleading.

this isn't a argument though.... Phil Spencer head of xbox said it wont make a big difference.. i'll go with the person whose in charge of Xbox lol it's not misinforming... wow. but yes all in all I do agree with u xbox is for multiplayer and that's how games should be in my opinion. shooting ur dreams down, meaning your expectations of the dx12 update next year for xbox1, it wont be this magical thing that'll get xbox up to par with ps4 trust me, I wish it did... I really do... hopefully next gen Microsoft gets the hardware correct and stomp competition. :)

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
this isn't a argument though.... Phil Spencer head of xbox said it wont make a big difference.. i'll go with the person whose in charge of Xbox lol it's not misinforming... wow. but yes all in all I do agree with u xbox is for multiplayer and that's how games should be in my opinion. shooting ur dreams down, meaning your expectations of the dx12 update next year for xbox1, it wont be this magical thing that'll get xbox up to par with ps4 trust me, I wish it did... I really do... hopefully next gen Microsoft gets the hardware correct and stomp competition. :)
Yes I do agree with u on some of this! Also I can say reading through the post in its entirety I miss conceived you in saying u were miss leading. I apologize to everyone and especially u drastic. To go further in this conversation I'm just going to state my opinion ( because this is all it is what we have been saying back and forth) that I feel like your adding extra words in my mouth. I never said direct x12 will magically upgrade xb1 software to be on the same level as the ps4. I'm trying to say this update will allow for smoother frame rates and more consecutive true 1080 support. Visually u probably won't see any difference but this will take huge weight off the cloud and processing power. This can make a huge difference in big mmo games with vast map ranges. Online mmo's invole a lot of frame rate buffering and direct x12 will make for smoother graphic frame rates and greatly reduce framerate drop's which can be noticed in games with huge maps. Frame rate drops can result in noticeable pixles as the processor is struggling to keep up. This will help out on issues as such.

This is were I'm coming from and I never dreamed or stated or compared direct x12 to ps4. I just want to make sure that your not added words in my mouth I never spoke of. I understand u have your opinions on the matter and I'm just trying to state facts that in no way are comparisons between consoles. This is what I mean when I say I Dont buy into fan boy console war crap because that is what I feel this conversation is becoming. Its no disrespect I just Dont go there!

JIM WALKER

This is were I'm coming from and I never dreamed or stated or compared direct x12 to ps4. I just want to make sure that your not added words in my mouth I never spoke of. I understand u have your opinions on the matter and I'm just trying to state facts that in no way are comparisons between consoles. This is what I mean when I say I Dont buy into fan boy console war crap because that is what I feel this conversation is becoming. Its no disrespect I just Dont go there!

Totally agree with you Brian, everyone has their likes and dislikes for all sorts of reasons, already stated my preferences and why, also agree that this thread is getting a little heated and opinionated, best we leave it I think, I love to read other members ideas and opinions, but misquotes and misunderstanding's can lead to all sorts of things, so lets end this thread eh ?

Drastic

Yes I do agree with u on some of this! Also I can say reading through the post in its entirety I miss conceived you in saying u were miss leading. I apologize to everyone and especially u drastic. To go further in this conversation I'm just going to state my opinion ( because this is all it is what we have been saying back and forth) that I feel like your adding extra words in my mouth. I never said direct x12 will magically upgrade xb1 software to be on the same level as the ps4. I'm trying to say this update will allow for smoother frame rates and more consecutive true 1080 support. Visually u probably won't see any difference but this will take huge weight off the cloud and processing power. This can make a huge difference in big mmo games with vast map ranges. Online mmo's invole a lot of frame rate buffering and direct x12 will make for smoother graphic frame rates and greatly reduce framerate drop's which can be noticed in games with huge maps. Frame rate drops can result in noticeable pixles as the processor is struggling to keep up. This will help out on issues as such.

lol no no no, I never said u actually magically believe it'll be on par with ps4, im saying that as a generalization. that's what people think will happen.. never said it was ur dream and such lol you get my point I was just making generalizations please re-read the posts. I do hope more people buy the xbox one though, cuz right now :/ now looking good...
happy modding :D

bonefisher

The new steam boxes are going to wipe out both eventually with the graphics and power they'll will have......

odingalt

Staff member
Jim exactly, I left PC for XBOX thinking the hacking was solved. Realized there are JTAG'ed XBOX's and modded controllers. Gave up, and started a modded controller company instead!

JIM WALKER

Jim exactly, I left PC for XBOX thinking the hacking was solved. Realized there are JTAG'ed XBOX's and modded controllers. Gave up, and started a modded controller company instead!

If you can't beat them, join them and beat them at their own game eh, love that way of thinking, and boy, did you show em odin .....

modded matt

You keep saying that the graphics on ps4 are so much better because it has better hardware blah blah blah. In reality, the hardware differences only make it easier to code the game. As you buddy Phil has already stated many times. the xbox one is capable of producing 1080P @60FPS just like the PS4 does. It is just harder on the developers to do so.

odingalt

Staff member
Yeah to be honest the architecture and software is complicated. You can't just say that something has a higher clock speed and thus it's better. Look at AMD vs. INTEL processors for many classic examples of where clock speed is not the only factor in the overall performance of a computing machine.

Also as I've said before, graphics does not equate to playability. Lots of gamers are still happily playing on XBOX 360 and the graphics look like total garbage compared to either PS4 or XBOX One.