Timeline Editor

NYjetsNY1

Say your d-pad up is a macro for jitter. one click turns it on, one turns it off
In the timeline editor, you have d-pad up to start, d-pad up at the end.
Will it be the jitter macro that is activated or will it just be a regular d-pad up?
What I want to know is can a macro activate another macro?

PS3andCOD

Contributor
What it seems like it would be to me is that you can set jitter for a certain amount of time when you hit a d-pad... But it would have to be say a second or something and be the same every time. IYou cna't start it and then stop it with the d-pad.f you used a macro on a tac that hits d-pad, it would not trigger the macro on the d-pad, because it's not inputing the dpad to the chip, it's puting it to the controller.

odingalt

Staff member
Toggling modes on and off, or scrolling through modes, is limited to the tac switches. (which is why we put six on there)

We did this to help avoid confusion. If we let you use the d-pad up to toggle modes, when you hit d-pad up, it wouldn't only toggle the jitter mode on and off, the d-pad up is still transmitted from your controller to the game. So if d-pad up does something in the game, it would still do that too.

You can program other 'always on' macros to the d-pad and the other stock buttons, but the toggling on and off is limited to the tac switches.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

odingalt said:
Toggling modes on and off, or scrolling through modes, is limited to the tac switches. (which is why we put six on there)

We did this to help avoid confusion. If we let you use the d-pad up to toggle modes, when you hit d-pad up, it wouldn't only toggle the jitter mode on and off, the d-pad up is still transmitted from your controller to the game. So if d-pad up does something in the game, it would still do that too.

You can program other 'always on' macros to the d-pad and the other stock buttons, but the toggling on and off is limited to the tac switches.
always on....like rapid fire?....can you scroll through rapid fire modes with the dpad and activate it with a tac switch?

v360Reflex

thats sick that kinda like how evil has there shitty controllers like you turn modez on/off with dpad and change em wit dpad. i think like comboz but evil blows :D i cant wait to get my LD. Serpent Black Viking Controller!!. :D

odingalt

Staff member
M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
odingalt said:

always on....like rapid fire?....can you scroll through rapid fire modes with the dpad and activate it with a tac switch?

No, the mode toggling and scrolling all happens on the tac switches like before. Looks like a v2.0 idea: allow d-pad and/or other stock buttons as the 'toggle/mode scroll' button.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

odingalt said:
M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
odingalt said:

No, the mode toggling and scrolling all happens on the tac switches like before. Looks like a v2.0 idea: allow d-pad and/or other stock buttons as the 'toggle/mode scroll' button.
look at the evil controllers....that would be what im talking about.

modded matt

no, for the third time,this is not evil controllers, you must use the tact switches to turn toggle on/off, or cycle through modes.

allways on modes,...yes like rapid fire...on the up button, or anyother button, if you set it up in the editor so when turned on the up button will RF at say 6 sps per second. but you must turn it on with a tact, then press the up button and instead of just pressing up, it presses it however many times you programed it to, or at a constant rapid fire rate as predetermined in the editor.

its all in how you set the controller up before hand.

I have a feeling some of YOU are going to have issues understanding the programing behind the controler.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

modded matt said:
no, for the third time,this is not evil controllers, you must use the tact switches to turn toggle on/off, or cycle through modes.

allways on modes,...yes like rapid fire...on the up button, or anyother button, if you set it up in the editor so when turned on the up button will RF at say 6 sps per second. but you must turn it on with a tact, then press the up button and instead of just pressing up, it presses it however many times you programed it to, or at a constant rapid fire rate as predetermined in the editor.

its all in how you set the controller up before hand.

I have a feeling some of YOU are going to have issues understanding the programing behind the controler.
i understand-ed that it cant be done but i think it would be a cool feature.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
It only can't be done currently, odingalt said it could become an option.
odingalt said:
Looks like a v2.0 idea: allow d-pad and/or other stock buttons as the 'toggle/mode scroll' button.

odingalt

Staff member
I think you guys are going to like the page features of the new macro modded controller once you give it a try.

The most annoying thing to me about traditional modded rapidfire controllers, is having to wait while it is scrolling through modes all frickin' day long. I get killed a lot sitting there waiting for the controller to scroll into the mode I need.

With the new 'pages', the change is instant. You can skip from page 1 to page 3 instantly with two clicks of the tac switch. Plus this is going to be a lot better for multiple character setups - maybe one page will have the stuff you want for sniper (akimbo and auto sniper breath hold and knife melee button re-mapped to one of the tac switches); maybe on page 2 you can setup for the guns you like to use jitter-mod on, and so on.

Maybe you just program the right tac switch #3 for jitter mod, so if a guy catches you off-guard up close, you just hit the tac switch and spray him in the face. Hell, you could program a tac switch to pull up your shotgun and start jitter-modding all over the place when you get surprised.

You could program a tac switch to pull out the dual pistols and unload both clips at the push of a button.

You can use a tac switch as a 'shift key'; that is, while you hold down the tac switch, rapidfire is on - when you release the tac switch, rapidfire is off. So maybe you don't like to toggle it on and off and you would prefer to 'hold' it on.

Want to use your X button for defusing? Set up one of the extra tac switches for fast reload instead. I think if you guys try just the basics of programming some macros to the tac switches and getting used to the fast page scrolling (I mean it's instant) you're going to like the new setup. Once you see how much better your k/d ratio is when you aren't sitting there toggling modes all day... :)

PS3andCOD

Contributor
odingalt said:
Maybe you just program the right tac switch #3 for jitter mod, so if a guy catches you off-guard up close, you just hit the tac switch and spray him in the face. Hell, you could program a tac switch to pull up your shotgun and start jitter-modding all over the place when you get surprised.

Yes! That's exactly what I would want. Now you've just gotta get a PS3 model going.