Timeline issue with Analog sticks

odingalt

Staff member
I'll take a look at this with our Windows GUI developer, I have a feeling there is some simple mismatch in the sensivity numbers. I.e. seems like we can fix this with just a few lines of code. Would you be willing to attach your .VKS to this thread so I can use it to debug?

I would be willing indeed. Another similar problem is this:
[attachment=2:e6n5zj1e]Issue2.jpg[/attachment:e6n5zj1e]
I saved it with the square all the way to the bottom.
The 2 files are attached.

I hate to bump a thread that's already been answered, but have you happened to have a chance to look at this yet? It gets really annoying when I'm trying to program a big combo, and I can't figure out why until I re-check all the analog motions to figure out one of them is now pointing in the wrong direction.

odingalt

Staff member
I had my head buried in the sand, I just sent this to our Windows developer this morning so really we are just now looking at it (my bad, I should have forwarded this two weeks ago but I was sick the first week and last week I was in Portland, OR for training for my day job - I work two jobs - one at a power company and one here at Viking360).

It is extremely annoying however. I don't have any guesses as to the issue at the moment, but I can tell you that attaching the files is already a big help.

NYjetsNY1

I noticed also when i record a macro using the analog sticks, theres always an issue. The record doesnt read my pressing the analog button down, and it converts that to a random movement, so it really messes up my macros =/

odingalt

Staff member
Pyroman,

Still working on analyzing the analog stick issue.

NYJets - I am probably one of the world's biggest morons - I think I maybe have actually added a bug some time in the last two firmware updates that screwed up recording on the analogs . Though I am not getting random values like you, when I tried to record analogs, absolutely nothing showed up. I was able to record stick presses but not analog movements. A quick code change and that seems to be up and working again.

I am going to wait to release though, I am still waiting on some beta testing on our power management firmware update. So far so good, my batteries are now lasting longer than 24 hours lol :D

NYjetsNY1

haha good ... as long as you take the batteries out of the controller they won't get killed AS easily but yeah def need a firmware update thanks!

odingalt

Staff member
Have not forgotten about this issue. Have escalated this to priority #1 actually as of tonight, as I have spent some time looking at the 1's and 0's. My firmware is working fine - was able to record a stream and look at the raw stream. The problem is coming when the Macro Software downloads the macro and then processes the stream.

The bug lies in the Windows software somewhere, need to have our windows developer track down his bug...

Galen

odingalt said:
I am going to wait to release though, I am still waiting on some beta testing on our power management firmware update. So far so good, my batteries are now lasting longer than 24 hours lol :D

My batteries are lasting super long now too havent had to replace in a couple of days (probably 15+ hours of gaming) so thanks for that firmware you sent me

odingalt

Staff member
M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
so does this updated firmware dim the LEDs then?

In a manner of speaking yes. The newest firmware dials down the LED brightness when the battery voltage is higher. As the battery voltage falls the LED's are driven brighter to try to compensate. Another positive affect of dialing down the LED brightness is that the color reproduction should be more accurate when comparing your controller's LED's to the colors that are shown in the 16-color palette picker.

In the original firmware, the LED's were being driven as hard as possible all the time - this leads to poor color reproduction and uneven lighting as your battery drains.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

odingalt said:
M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
so does this updated firmware dim the LEDs then?

In a manner of speaking yes. The newest firmware dials down the LED brightness when the battery voltage is higher. As the battery voltage falls the LED's are driven brighter to try to compensate. Another positive affect of dialing down the LED brightness is that the color reproduction should be more accurate when comparing your controller's LED's to the colors that are shown in the 16-color palette picker.

In the original firmware, the LED's were being driven as hard as possible all the time - this leads to poor color reproduction and uneven lighting as your battery drains.
well if i always use blue will i notice the difference in LED intensity?(compaired to 0.8.3.1 firmware)also if i have my PnC plugged in will i notice any difference? what about compaired to a stock xbox controller?