V1.8 Issue

myeno

Hello, I have an Issue with Firmware update v1.8. After the install every mod that has to do with using the throw lethal weapon Like Auto Sprint etc.. The modchip wont recognize my R2 (lethal weapon button) press so I can not use the new Hybrid mod. If I downgrade back to 1.4 Firmware every mod works however I have redownloaded the v1.8 two times and re-installed several times. The v1.8 the jump/drop shot works and every other mod that does not need the lethal weapon button pressed down works. For now I will just go back to v1.4 for dependability en-till or if the problem can be fixed.

I'm on button layout 1/default.

Followed the steps in the firmware update tool perfectly.

Controller was fully charged.

PS.. I've also have changed the button layout to "Charlie" in Black ops 2 & the PS3 Ragnarok Modded Controller Software to make the Throw Lethal L1. It still doesn't register my action it seems where ever I have "throw lethal" button mapped on my controller it just doesn't work.

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
I think I have a wild theory as to what might be going on. Bear with me on the explanation:

This modchip has the capability to have each mod or features "locked" or "unlocked". Viking has free software updates, so we don't use this "locking/unlocking" feature. Without getting into the nitty gritty details, some of your mods may have ended up "locked".

I attached a special firmware. Use the PS3 Ragnarok firmware updating tool to load this firmware into your controller. This firmware does the following when loaded onto your controller:

*Blinks the Player 3 LED 10 times to let you know it's about to begin (I believe it will start this blinking as soon the firmware update is finished)
*It will then scan your modchip to look for any mods that might have gotten locked
*If it finds a locked mod, it will unlock that mod, and then blink the Player 4 LED 10 times to let you know it just found one and unlocked it

Once it scans for and unlocks all the mods, the LED's should stop blinking. Once it stops blinking, go ahead and power off your controller and put the v1.8 firmware back in. [However if the Player 4 LED never blinks, then it didn't find any locked mods.] Please report back what happens and I will monitor this forum post. You might wonder why your mods work on v1.4 and not on v1.8. It's because v1.4 didn't care if turbo melee or auto sprint were locked. v1.8 however does check and if the mod is locked, it won't let you use that mod.

Attachments

• PS3 Ragnarok Unlocking Scanner.zip
    12.9 KB · Views: 27

odingalt

Staff member
Update. Here is an easier fix. Just load this firmware and you're done. We'll call this firmware version v1.8.1 for the USB PS3 Ragnarok. This version solves a bug where you are not able to activate mods that need the "throw lethal" button.

(1.8.1 removed, scroll down to get 1.8.2)

odingalt

Staff member
Yes, very good detailed bug report helped me figure out the problem right away.

There are two fixes now, either run the scanner/unlocker tool like myeno did or skip to version 1.8.2

Attachments

• PS3 Ragnarok Universal Driver v1.8.2.zip
    12.9 KB · Views: 55

rzeppy

I cant get v1.8 to work. Yes I am a computer operating failure

**correction**

I am only a semi computer operating failure. I finally figured it out

Last edited: