Viking Error Codes Explained

Blackburn

Just figured I'd post this up as a good reference.

Player 4 LED flashes 1x - Left thumbstick
Player 4 LED flashes 2x - Left bumper
Player 4 LED flashes 3x - Right bumper
Player 4 LED flashes 4x - Right Thumbstick

Player 3 LED flashes 1x - X
Player 3 LED flashes 2x - Y
Player 3 LED flashes 3x - B
Player 3 LED flashes 4x - A

Player 4 LED flashes 5x - Sync (for sleeper), or right-tac (for duo)
Player 3 LED flashes 5x - Left-tac (for duo only)

Player 3 LED flashes 1x then player 4 LED flashes 1x - Left Trigger
Player 3, Player 4, Player 3, Player 4 - Right trigger

modded matt

LOL if you look at my post frm yesterday "LED wrong side" I stated this yesterday..you have just confirmed that the person made the test code video had his controller wired wrong. his leds are oposite then yours and mine. someone should remake that video and remove my post so people dont get confused.

LOOK at the video on the right side of where you download the test code.

odingalt

Staff member
Yes matt you are 100% correct - the video has the LED's backwards! That's my mistake. I did that test video 3-4 weeks ago and I have my LED's backwards and discovered it later. Definitely something I need to fix to avoid more confusion!

modded matt

LOL I got it all done, and thought I messed it up, so I swaped the LED's to match the video, flashed a game file.....and it was backwards, so then thinking there may be a short traced it all back and wired per the diagram again...yea that pice of info could havae saved me an hour our so.

IrishStyle

I can't find the sticky option...maybe fredrow or blackburn has the option to sticky. Agreed sticky worthy post for sure.

Fredrow

I think E has to do it. I tried to search around for it but no luck....

And I too agree that this thread should be sticky.... Like some Granddaddy Purp sticky.....