Viking Forge Software Bug Report Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

odingalt

Staff member
If you are dragging-and-dropping the .hex that was bundled with the windows tool titled "X1-Berserker-Firmware-Test-V3.hex", don't use that one. That was just a test file that wasn't supposed to make it into the final public distribution. (I have since deleted that test file from the .ZIP package to avoid any more confusion). If you ended up loading that test file on your controller, putting the February public beta test file back on your controller was the right move, as that is the latest firmware anyway.

Since your controllers were already at the latest version 3 (since you were actively beta testing), your app didn't prompt you to upgrade from the website when you connected your controller. In the future, updates will be automatic - when you load the app, you'll be prompted to upgrade if an upgrade is available.

Thanks for reporting this, if I had left that test .hex in the distribution, more customers would have tried dragging-and-dropping that file to update their controllers, and generated more tickets and forum posts for help :).

What I really should have done is made this version 4 when it went public, then you guys would have had the big "upgrade now" button when you tried out the new windows app for the first time.

bonefisher

If you are dragging-and-dropping the .hex that was bundled with the windows tool titled "X1-Berserker-Firmware-Test-V3.hex", don't use that one. That was just a test file that wasn't supposed to make it into the final public distribution. (I have since deleted that test file from the .ZIP package to avoid any more confusion). If you ended up loading that test file on your controller, putting the February public beta test file back on your controller was the right move, as that is the latest firmware anyway.

Since your controllers were already at the latest version 3 (since you were actively beta testing), your app didn't prompt you to upgrade from the website when you connected your controller. In the future, updates will be automatic - when you load the app, you'll be prompted to upgrade if an upgrade is available.

Thanks for reporting this, if I had left that test .hex in the distribution, more customers would have tried dragging-and-dropping that file to update their controllers, and generated more tickets and forum posts for help :).

What I really should have done is made this version 4 when it went public, then you guys would have had the big "upgrade now" button when you tried out the new windows app for the first time.
Yes that was what I was doing and yes you should of went to version 4 and give me that upgrade feeling of being new.....lol!

JIM WALKER

Hi guys, not been on for some time, perhaps this update may prompt my return. I used to spend hours creating macro's, total pleasure and enjoyment, so simple and quick, but sadly my love for the berserker has almost gone, creating and refining runes is so painstaking I don't bother anymore. Anti recoils for instance take forever to refine, perhaps the increased loading speed might help.
Though I have been absent, I have always followed the forum, watching and reading all progress, thank you odin for all your amazing work, hopefully this latest addition will re-ignite my enthusiasm.

odingalt

Staff member
Jim,

Sorry we went web based! They've been tweaking this and that over the past couple of months, but I don't know how much is just the web application running slower than a native app for windows, vs. internet connection. We will be doing more tweaks here and there but nothing on the dockett for performance improvements. Eventually I'd like to completely re-do the runepack editor screen. I don't like it. I'd like to replace it with more of a spreadsheet looking thing.

bonefisher

Jim,

Sorry we went web based! They've been tweaking this and that over the past couple of months, but I don't know how much is just the web application running slower than a native app for windows, vs. internet connection. We will be doing more tweaks here and there but nothing on the dockett for performance improvements. Eventually I'd like to completely re-do the runepack editor screen. I don't like it. I'd like to replace it with more of a spreadsheet looking thing.
Hope you fix rune saving to alphabetical order! Took me a hour to find one rune on my list.

odingalt

Staff member
Hope you fix rune saving to alphabetical order! Took me a hour to find one rune on my list.

The next Viking Forge update will include more rune pack organizing, searching, and filtering. We want to make it more like the old XBOX 360 macro library in that respect. No ETA on this, just as soon as we can get the resources together, it needs to be the next improvement to the Forge.

In other news, updated this thread, instead of a beta testing thread, it's now going to be a bug report / bug tracking thread for awhile. (I will try to moderate for any non-bug reports that come up by moving those to their own threads).

Status
Not open for further replies.