Viking software resolution requirement?

Remmnever

So I have an Asus netbook that I perform most of computer tasks with because it is easier than using my pc. When I try and open the Viking software the window opens in the top left section of my screen. I am unable to resize the windows or move it towards the middle of my screen. What is the resolution requirement for the viking software?

I would love to be able to edit my macros using my netbook instead of my pc. The recommended resolution on my netbook is 1024x600. I have also tried my other option which is 800x600 and that was even worse. I am going to try and find a way to increase the resolution to 1024x768 but I'm not sure if it is possible. My netbook shouldn't have a problem running the program. I've upgraded the memory and I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate without any problems. I can even do editing in photoshop and premiere pretty easily.

Is there anyway to fix this or I am stuck using my pc? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Here is a screen shot of what happens when I open the viking software. The window is stuck there and I can move it at all. You may need to right click the picture and click view image to view the entire screen shot.

resolution.jpg

Remmnever

Well I edited my registry and was able to change my resolution more. I can now do 1024x768 and even 1152x864 so now I can actually see the majority of the window. But I still noticed there is not a maximize option on the top right. I see the button but it is grayed out. I'm not sure if it like this for everyone or not but I assume so. I don't think it would be too difficult to edit the program and add the option to maximize would it?

Anyway it is bearable for now. I just think this would be a great addition.

odingalt

Staff member
Thanks for the bugpost. I am working with our Ukranian developer where the application will autodetect your desktop resolution and adjust the window accordingly. This particular update has a lot of other improvements getting rammed into it and my target date for getting this new version out is Christmas as there is still a lot of testing to do.

odingalt

Staff member
Small update, the developer is looking at adding support for 1024x768 as well as 1024x600 (I thought I read that wrong as that looks like a very strange resolution, but I am told this is for netbooks??).

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

odingalt said:
Small update, the developer is looking at adding support for 1024x768 as well as 1024x600 (I thought I read that wrong as that looks like a very strange resolution, but I am told this is for netbooks??).
seems right because my laptop is 1080p with a resolution of 1920x1080

Remmnever

odingalt said:

Yeah 1024x600 was the standard resolution for my Asus netbook. I had to change some stuff in the registry to even get 1024x768. I think others will benefit from these changes too, I personally love my netbook and use it WAY more than my pc.