.vks VS .vkm

bh2285420

Stupid question but the macro software is looking for .vks and the macro's I download from the library are .vkm?

Can some one shine some light on this for me? I'm sure it simple but I was to lazy to search for the answer. lol.:rolleyes:

NYjetsNY1

A .vks is a macro set file. A .vkm is a macro. One simple macro.

Do you want to build your own .vks macro set or use one from the library?

And man you are lazy lol! In the "Read this before posting" it says this EXACTLY:

".VKM = one individual macro. In the software, you can put .vkm on the individual buttons like RT or a tactical switch. .Vkm's can be added to buttons and tactical switches, as many .vkm's per page / per mode as you'd like.

.VKS = one whole macro set, with many pages/modes. You can only have .vks at a time. If you open a .vks and open another .vks, the second .vks will not merge with the first, but it will override it, so save your .vks's!"

NYjetsNY1

Humor me, and uninstall, reinstall the software. Restart your computer. Then make sure you open the .vks in the correct way.

odingalt

Staff member
Sometimes I've seen a problem if you try to load the macro set directly from the website.

Be sure to save it to your local hard drive first, like under your My Documents. Then try opening it with the macro software. If you try to just right-click on the macro from the website and load it right into software, there could be errors like those you experienced.

I'm running several Windows 7 64-bit machines with no problems on the macro software. :)