Week and a half with the controller

NickM

Well its been a week and a half I've had my Black Viking controller, and noticing I didn't do a review when I got it, I decided I'd do one now.

The controller, its amazing, I've had friends come over and they have seen it, flabbergasted at how amazing it is. The technology is undoubtedly state of the art, and never do I see any problems with it. I did find my first few days that I was running up and down my stairs from my computer to my xbox testing out my macro pages and editing a lot of things, but hey, the exercise was good right? Also, the rapidfire (the big thing people buy it for) is just awesome! I was on a teamviewer session with mod NYjetsNy1 when he discovered the 22sps rapidfire- which has truly revolutionized the way we see fast shooting. It seemed he kept, excuse my french, going f**king crazy after finding faster and faster techniques of rapidfire, which sense, have been put onto my controller. The tac switches are absolutely amazing, despite having a bit of trouble reaching the switches on the front (due to my Kontrol Freaks) the tac switches are astronomically helpful in a way non-customers cannot imagine. Also, the ability to have SIXTEEN different pages of macros is just awesome in itself, I mean, what other modded controller lets you have sixteen pages (Modes?), AND FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE! I'll answer that, not one. Being mostly a CoD gamer, I really do respect the people who made these controllers what they are, the rapidfire on single shot weapons and pistols is just great, and the jitter mods, ohh who can forget those jitter mods that piss everyone off.
Hate messages from jitter so far?: Over 20. <-- WIN.

The last thing I'd like to say about the controller has to do with the forums, the staff on the forums are just great. They help WHENEVER you need it, and don't mind if you have 1-10billion questions, they are always nice and there to help; definitely the best customer service I've ever seen in my entire life.

I send this message to any staff as a thank you, and to any not-yet-customers, so that you may see what you are getting is the God of controllers, the last one you will ever need.

Hope you all took the time to read my report, it wasn't extremely detailed, but I touched on what I wanted too. Maybe tomorrow when I have more time will I get into a few more paragraphs of information, till then..

Have a good one, and thank you everyone, even the haters!

NickM

NickM

UPDATED REVIEW: From when I first got, to now.

I ordered my Black Macro controller on the 27th of January, and didn't pay the for the 3 day shipping, so, because of the weather, the controller didn't arrive until the 3rd of February. Regardless of the long wait, I was happy as a clam that the controller was on the way. When it arrived my mother was on her way out of the house, when I asked her "If you see the UPS person on your way out.. tell them to hurry up!" Just then, of course the controller had arrived. Ignoring what my mother said, I grabbed the controller package out of the UPS women hand, thanked her profusely and sat down ready to open it up.

I opened the package to find a purple, red, blue, and white box that was very nice, not what a typical modded controller comes in. I opened up the box, found a controller, a disc, a rechargeable battery pack with a rechargeable/usb enabled cord., and a normal battery pack. I IMMEDIATELY put the cd into my computer and followed the perfect STEP BY STEP instructions on how to use the controller, update the firmware, edit macros, place macros onto the controller, take macros from the controller, etc.. Friends came over, saw it, got jealous, nagged on me b/c of their jealousy.. The rest from there is history.

About the controller: Is there any better a controller? Yeah, no. The controller is like a mini computer, I mean come on.. The controller has 16 different "pages" or modes I guess you could say. They aren't just the standard "modes" on other controllers, such as the page for rapidfire 1, 2, 3 and 4. And then Jitter 1, 2, and 3.. etc. NO, the pages are FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE and you can put what ever macro you want on them, including the ones you make yourself.. HOW COOL IS THAT? Also, the macro library already has near perfect macros for you, it saves you abunch of stress and insures you have the best rapidfire to date, no joke. The controller is just incredible, and think to yourself, does any other controller have 16 different pages that are fully customizable? No.. Not even the $1,000 Modded controller that EvilControllers has can do everything that this thing can.. An absolute God send.

Upon first trying out my Macro Controller, I noticed the Rapidfire shot only twice per 5 seconds or so, not understanding what was happening, I updated the firmware, again, and it fixed it, no biggy, just a mild panic attack :D. Once I fixed the controller via updating the firmware, I found that the rapidfire I had installed wasn't working out for me, and my button placement.. It wasn't the best due to me having Kontrol Freaks, making it harder to hit the top tac switches, but not impossible. I then contacted the wonderful mod NYJetsNY1 whom has helped me tremendously in the past few weeks. He helped me sort out my macro problems and showed me/gave me tips on what to use and where, especially towards the things such as Jitter mod, I didn't know which type to use because there were so many! Hes been a great help!

The last time I talked to the guy, I had a question about the perfect quickscope mod, which I've found out, is almost just a wish for thing, because, despite that you can make a bullet go perfectly straight when you stand and quickscope, when you walk and do it, the bullet ALWAYS goes a different direction, and it doesn't work for that. So here I am talking to NYjets, and he discovers this revolutionary rapidfire for MW2, he goes over to my teamviewer window, finds a blank page and makes it for me. Of course I'm amazed and just flabbergasted at how fast it is :p. But was this the end...? Of course not, he comes back over and types on my notepad "OMFG OMFOGOMGOMFMOGOMG", and like I said before, excuse my french, but this kid was going absolutely F**king crazy, like he was having a happy seizure, it was just hilarious. So after testing 4+ rapidfires he found, he finds his fastest yet and its now featured and everything, and truly it is incredibly fast.

Since getting his rapidfire and adjusting my akimbo mode so that it never skips, I've clutched many rounds of S&D for my team in gamebattles, and online just with my USP's and my FAL. I've also seen a tremendous up in my quickscoping abilities thanks to the featured macro, auto hold sniper aim. It holds your breath the SECOND you scope in which GREATLY improves your accuracy when quickscoping, especially on CoD5 and CoD4, but also in all other CoD's :). Over the time I've had the controller, my KD has risen almost 2.00, and thats GREAT for me, considering, normally, I just plain suck. For once, I'm actually going positive in all games, and I feel like I literally HAVE THE CONTROL BACK IN MY HANDS.

To the staff: You are all amazing people, I've pm'd a few of you, and many of you have helped me on my posts. Never have I seen a forum with such great, wonderful, helping staff members. Odin has done a great job picking you all and you are all just a great bunch of people, my special shout out to NYJetsNY1 for being there WHENEVER I needed you, answering over 25questions of mine, thank you very much. And to the people who make the controller and software what it is, God bless you, what an amazing thing the controller and the software is, its unbelievable, definitely state of the art technology.

To all the not-yet-customers: What are you waiting for? Seriously, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? The controller is like the GOD of all controllers, its the last one you will ever need.. I mean you've got to be crazy not to buy the controller, its just incredible. Sure the price is kind of a turnoff, but maybe wait till a coupon is out? The controllers are sold for less then, a lot less! I bought my Viking for a total of $213 I think, and frankly, sounding like a lot of money, it is.. But the controller is easily worth $400+ to me, easily. So just buy one, stop thinking and just buy one!

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read this, which I'm sure none of you succeed in fully doing, but still thanks for your time :D

NickM, happy and proud owner of the Black Viking360 Macro controller.

HippieMagic

I am pretty happy with mine as well but unfortunately getting macro's to work right is rarely as simple as it should be due to my connection. This is a major plus for me if you consider the fact that if I got a normal rapid fire it would have been choppy or worse... with this controller the biggest problem I have had was solved within 10 minutes on the computer. I am also glad that I can easily use it on any game I want without having to worry about the controller being useless and by adding a page of absolutely nothing but "page left" and "page right" I am able to totally turn everything off and use it like a normal controller. It beats being limited to only using it for CoD games.