What kind of menu system for the PS3 mod?

odingalt

Staff member
What is your favorite kind of 'menu system'? I posted a few XBOX 360 mods for examples:

http://www.extreme-mods.com/Ultimate-Xb ... _5354.html
http://www.xmodelectronics.com/ebay/XMO ... RE_V18.pdf
http://www.gamingmodz.com/support.html

Trying to get ideas on the bst way to write a 'menu' for the PS3. Remember we can use phantom buttons, so for example hold tac switch and tap the square can toggle fast reload on and off without actually causing your guy to reload. (any time you hold the tac switch and tap a stock button, the game doesn't see the stock button press, it's phantom)

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I like the looks of the first one best, the other two seem pretty confusing to me... I also like the feature at 1:40 in that video. I think the ultimate mode selection for this mod would be different tan anything done before... If it's possible, I would have it so that simularly to the macro controller you assign mods to the different buttons on the PC editor. Then, you can quick on/off a buttons mods by holding the phantom tac and hitting the button for say two seconds. You could have multiple mods per button that you then cycle through by holding the phantom tac and tapping the button quickly. The first link is pretty simular to that, so if that's too hard go with the first link I'd say.

odingalt

Staff member
What about something like this below...

Code:
SUPER FAST FEATURE SWITCHING:			
	Hold down the tac switch, then tap any one of the following buttons to switch to that feature.
        The LED's will flash quickly to let you know it understood your command.

D-Pad Up	        Single-trigger rapidfire			
	D-Pad Down         Dual-trigger rapidfire			
	D-Pad Left	      Jitter rapidfire*	(*When jitter is enabled, Akimbo and Burst-firing are disabled)
	D-Pad Right	     All rapidfire turns off			

SUPER FAST FEATURE TOGGLING:			
	Hold down the tac switch, then tap any one of the following buttons to toggle that feature on or off:
        The LED's will flash quickly to let you know it understood your command.

Right Stick	 Akimbo firing			
	Left Stick	    Sniper breath			
	Triangle	      Burst Firing			
	Square	        Fast reload			
	Circle	        Dropshot			
	Ex	             All five special modes turn off			

MODE CHANGING:				
	Hold down the tac switch, then hold down any one of the following buttons to change modes.
        The LED's will blink slowly to let you know what mode you just selected.

D-Pad Up/Down	Rapidfire Modes Available:			
	Mode 1:	Black Ops			
	Mode 2:	Modern Warfare 2			
	Mode 3:	Modern Warfare 1			
	Mode 4:	World at War			
	Mode 5:	Game 5			
	Mode 6:	Game 6			
	Mode 7:	Game 7			
	Mode 8:	Game 8			
	Mode 9:	Game 9			
	Mode 10:	Game 10			

D-Pad Left	Jitter Modes Available:			
	Mode 1:	Jitter YY			
	Mode 2:	Jitter XYY			

D-Pad Right	Burst Firing			
	Mode 2:	2-round burst			
	Mode 3:	3-round burst			
	Mode 4:	4-round burst			
	Mode 5:	5-round burst			

Right Stick				

Left Stick				

Square	Fast Reload modes available:			
	Mode 1:	Gun 1			
	Mode 2:	Gun 2			
	Mode 3:	Gun 3			
	Mode 4:	Gun 4			
	Mode 5:	Gun 5			
	Mode 6:	Gun 6			
	Mode 7:	Gun 7			
	Mode 8:	Gun 8			
	Mode 9:	Gun 9			
	Mode 10:	Gun 10			

Circle				

Triangle				

Ex				

RAPIDFIRE SPEED PROGRAMMING			
	Hold left trigger, right trigger, sync button together.  Then tap the D-pad up.  Controller enters rapidfire programming mode.

FAST RELOAD SPEED PROGRAMMING			
	Hold left trigger, right trigger, sync button together.  Then tap the Square [ ] button. Controller enters fast-reload programming mode.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Yeah, me too, sounds great. One thing is I think d-pad down should be turn off rapidfire instead, just seems right you know? I would have left rapidfire, right akimbo RF, up jitter and down off. Down = off... Nothing functional, just sounds right to me lol. Doesn't really matter either way. What's there is very COD specific, are you going to have presets for other games like how the lagacy controllers worked before the preset editor then?

odingalt

Staff member
I don't think anybody realistically gives a shit about any game other than Call of Duty.

GOW3 fanatics: Maybe GOW3 this fall, and no, I have no idea what the controller will do for GOW3. Ask me again AFTER it's released.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Call of Duty is definatly the biggest game right now. Some people also like battlefield, killzone, socom or uncharted, and if a new metal gear solid came out it would be popular. I'm not sure that they really have any glitches though, programable speeds of rapidfire might be enough for them. PS3 doesn't have Gears of War though. I assume that's the GOW you're talking about because God of War 3 is already out.

NYjetsNY1

PS3andCOD said:
Call of Duty is definatly the biggest game right now. Some people also like battlefield, killzone, socom or uncharted, and if a new metal gear solid came out it would be popular. I'm not sure that they really have any glitches though, programable speeds of rapidfire might be enough for them. PS3 doesn't have Gears of War though. I assume that's the GOW you're talking about because God of War 3 is already out.

No I think he means Gears of War but he doesn't realize it isn't for PS3. I could be wrong though.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
NYjetsNY1 said:
PS3andCOD said:

No I think he means Gears of War but he doesn't realize it isn't for PS3. I could be wrong though.

Yeah, same. It comes ou this year and God of War is already out. Kinda funny both consoles have an exclusive series with the same initials...

odingalt

Staff member
NYjetsNY1 said:
PS3andCOD said:

Oops I didn't near GOW was only for Microsoft. I personally dislike GOW and don't play it ever. I tried once and it pissed me off. I tried again later and it pissed me off more.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
A couple things I thought of recently:

COD on PS3 uses R1 and L1 as default, but it can also be switched to R2 and L2. Some games use R1, some R2, it's kind of hit and miss, and not all of them let you switch. This is pretty important to include to make sure it works for everything. Not sure which you were programing for, since comming from 360 you would be thinking R2 and L2, but the vast majority of people use R1 and L1 for COD.

Other buttons with just straight rapidfire would be nice, considering the phantom buttons works for programing I'm assuming that they would also work for rapidfireing the face buttons. Just a programable speed for each button would be great.

Maybe these could be made into 3 seperate presets to simplify things? People either play with R1 and L1 or R2 and L2, so they wouldn't be complaining about having to switch all the time. COD doesn't need any non-triggers rapidfired, so the other buttons being rapidfired isn't really needed on it's preset, and the COD specific stuff isn't needed with the other buttons.

GJUnLeAsHeD

NYjetsNY1 said:
So true. Same happend with me with gow2.
Just wanted to say something NO TROLING or anything but i didnt like gears untill i played it for a couple days and when i started learning new shoutgun tricks i was wrecking the competition and i havent found a game that is better using all the macros consistently other than gears but thats just me?