Why semtex

pnyxxpress

I'm on the the buying list pending my financial advisor's approval. (wife) for you single people. In the mean time I've been poking around the forums and libraries. Looks like a great product and it will help me level the playing field a bit. I'm 47 with tremors in my thumbs so it's a challenge to aim quickly. I also play on cellular data plan 115+ milliseconds latency.

Being a system administrator I understand macros and how they work but I don't understand why do I have to carry a semtex to ge these to work?

Thanks,
Mike

NYjetsNY1

Certain macros make use of the semtex's ability to be taken out / put back even after you press RB.

It allows quicker knifing, and faster gun - switching.

ILBIEAST

Which macro are you referring to? Some of the macros in Black Ops use a semtex in order to cancel an action with the right bumper. That or a tomahawk can be canceled with the right bumper.

fathersin

Macros work well semtex or hatchet. Just don't use a strella I find it has problems when latency is present.

twharton

pnyxxpress.....just wanted to say hello. Just got my Macro Contl yesterday and am (not working) scanning the threads for useful info and it's good to find another Senior gamer :rolleyes:. I'm 50 and started w/ the Sega Genesis....anywhoo I love it so far....only about 3 hours playing since I opened it but the magnitude of it's capabilities are just sinking in. It's really quite a bargain.

Gamertag = Pensacolaman

pnyxxpress.....just wanted to say hello. Just got my Macro Contl yesterday and am (not working) scanning the threads for useful info and it's good to find another Senior gamer :rolleyes:. I'm 50 and started w/ the Sega Genesis....anywhoo I love it so far....only about 3 hours playing since I opened it but the magnitude of it's capabilities are just sinking in. It's really quite a bargain.

Gamertag = Pensacolaman
It would appear the seniors are taking over (being 48 myself). I started out with pong and then graduated to Sega also. I suck at Black Ops and recently vented my frustration on it. I've rediscovered my love of MW2 and look forward to seeing what happens with MW3. Glad you guys joined the forums.