Why was my post removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXtRaSaUcE

I had my post removed for no reason on this forum and am starting to question the integrity of this business. I am contacting the BBB and paypal regarding the policies of Viking and the treatment of customers is ridiculous. I received a damaged product was told my warranty is voided because I didn't bother to read the FAQ section and denied a small price adjustment to make up for the damage. Evil controllers bends over backwards to help customers and though they do not have a macro controller the quality and workmanship is tenfold better now that Einar dies not do the work. I would have saved a customer for 30 bucks but that's just me. The cost of shipping both ways is nearly that so dies it make sense to lose a customer and potential customers. I am fixing my own controller and using Evil Sticks which blow away anything else.

NYjetsNY1

xXtRaSaUcE said:
I had my post removed for no reason on this forum and am starting to question the integrity of this business. I am contacting the BBB and paypal regarding the policies of Viking and the treatment of customers is ridiculous. I received a damaged product was told my warranty is voided because I didn't bother to read the FAQ section and denied a small price adjustment to make up for the damage. Evil controllers bends over backwards to help customers and though they do not have a macro controller the quality and workmanship is tenfold better now that Einar dies not do the work. I would have saved a customer for 30 bucks but that's just me. The cost of shipping both ways is nearly that so dies it make sense to lose a customer and potential customers. I am fixing my own controller and using Evil Sticks which blow away anything else.

I didn't remove your post so this one isn't me. This is a legitimate business, I remember having told you not to open up your controller BEFORE you even purchased it. I believe others have said it.
Your product was slightly issued on buy, it was loose on a screw. No big deal, just send it back if it bothers you. You opened up your controller. Thus, the warrenty is void. If it is possible to fix the mistake of the loosened screw, then viking360 will do it. The issue internally, if there is one, was solely caused by you for tampering. Not saying there is or isn't one. Viking360 will repair their mistakes, but if you messed it up yourself, they won't fix it. Contact Einar again.

odingalt

Staff member
xXtRaSaUcE said:
I had my post removed for no reason on this forum and am starting to question the integrity of this business.

Your posts were not removed or deleted. Your posts were merged into one bigger post.

You can find the new merged posts here: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=2843

xXtRaSaUcE said:
I am contacting the BBB and paypal regarding the policies of Viking and the treatment of customers is ridiculous. I received a damaged product was told my warranty is voided because I didn't bother to read the FAQ section and denied a small price adjustment to make up for the damage.

We have no way of knowing if the product was damaged upon arrival, or if the product was damaged when you opened the controller yourself to add different thumbsticks. If you would have contacted as soon as you suspected your controller was damaged, we would have gladly paid shipping both ways and made any necessary repairs to the controller for free. Instead, you chose to remove the warranty void sticker for some reason? We may never know what really happened - but that's why the tamper-proof sticker is there. It's there so that, if we get a return, we can know for sure that your claim is legitimate.

xXtRaSaUcE said:
Evil controllers bends over backwards to help customers and though they do not have a macro controller the quality and workmanship is tenfold better now that Einar dies not do the work.

I don't think my wife, who runs the shop on a day to day basis now, would appreciate this comment very much :D. Again we would have gladly paid shipping both ways and made free repairs, that is, until the warranty sticker was removed. Again, we have no way of knowing if your claim is legitimate, or if the damage was caused when you were adding third-party thumbsticks.

xXtRaSaUcE said:
I would have saved a customer for 30 bucks but that's just me. The cost of shipping both ways is nearly that so dies it make sense to lose a customer and potential customers. I am fixing my own controller and using Evil Sticks which blow away anything else.

odingalt

Staff member
xXtRaSaUcE said:

To clarify for any customers who happen upon our forums. There is a giant, holographic sticker inside the battery pack cover that reads "WARRANTY VOID IF REMOVED". Do not tamper or remove this sticker. I believe it's pretty self-explanatory. I'm not sure how we can better word that phrase to make it more understandable.

NYjetsNY1

Just one more thing:

Original topic: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2816&p=23337&sid=64cf8f757e5224e704d78ac2df8fe33f#p23337

xXtRaSaUcE said:
Very nice quality overall. A few minor scratches but nothing major. I don't like the lack of sticks option but hopefully the prestige Freeks I ordered will work out. I swear by Evil Sticks but I am going to try these. I don't want to void the warranty by swapping them out. I'll be trying it out in a few hours and can't wait to dropshot hehe.
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2816&p=23337&sid=64cf8f757e5224e704d78ac2df8fe33f#p23337

You knew not to swap them.

Status
Not open for further replies.