Wireless Sony headset and ps3 ragnarok wont work together??

masonjo

Im having a problem with my sony headset interferring with my ragnarok. when they are both on my controller will start to lag but if i turn my headset off then back on it will work for a bit then go back to lagging?? but if i dont use my headset controller works fine?? When i first got the ragnarok it worked with the headset just now started acting up. Any ideas? Thanks

odingalt

Staff member
Sony devices use bluetooth to connect to your console. The mod inside the sony controller shouldn't make any difference since the controller connects to the console using bluetooth, and your headset connects to the console using bluetooth. It sounds like the bluetooth host (console) needs to assign the two devices to channels that are farther apart. My gut tells me this is not a Viking issue. Google search for variations of "ps3 controller lags with headset bluetooth" show quite a few people on stock hardware having the same issues:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080821155947AAGEtrT

masonjo

I never thought that it was the ragnarok but i didnt know if somehow you could change the channel to a controller. i tried resyncing it but it didnt work. I did some reasearch and a lot of people are having trouble with the headset i seen where adding a usb extension for the dongle to move it to a further location seems to work for a lot of people. im gonna try that. i love my ragnarok its awsome it sucked having to pick between it and my headset though. Thanks for your help odin!

modded matt

Its not the Viking and headset you have to choose between, its the headset and any controller. why do you need a dongle? my Sony wireless headset did not need one.... This is the ps3 section. The ps3 has built in Bluetooth?

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
I have a turtle beach PX5 thats cross compatible with my xbox & PS3 with 10 different custom audio options and the ability to create your own custom audio presets. I can also awnser phone calls off it in gamplay and it has dolby 7.1 sound options. As far as wirless issues, running my ragnarok I have none and have not heard of any issues. I heard sony had a update that makes it when u talk that u can hear your own voice through the headset. I haven't had this issue but I'm stating what I have read in consumer reviews on your Sony 7.1 wireless headset. Many people are stating that they feel the headsets are garbage now because of this. I don't k ow if its a Sony thing but I have had none of these issues with my turtle beach which leads me to believed that its not a update issue but a sony issue.

Last edited:

masonjo

It was interference with the usb dongle that connects it.. kinda of dumb but a 5 ft extension fixed the issue funny thing was it only effected certain controllers. thanks to everyone that replied.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
Crazy. I must of got lucky on my controller then. I have the digital cammo. I forgot what board type that one is but I know that every digital cammo ps3 controller is the same board type. If you find out the board model of the controller u should post it up so everyone can know what issues to expect out of it!