Xbox 1 Revision D of the modchip

modded matt

I have not been able to get my hands on an elite to do any testing. I plan to this weekend. I wouldn't imagine they changed much in the way of how the I/Os are handled, but you never know. If it fits it ships...

Freyja

Staff member
It'll (probably) fit as the Rev D is installed on the underside of the boomerang board and I can't imagine they put stuff extra stuff in there although I haven't seen the inside of an Elite controller.
I, and no one at the shop, knows if the software is compatible. If it does work, there's a good chance that our modchip won't understand if you remap buttons to some of the extra bits they added to the Elite. IE: if you were to change RT to the right top paddle and then try to activate rapidfire it probably wouldn't work, but we have no idea. Go nuts though! And let us know if it works!

40_ounce

OK thank for the reply guys.

I don't have an elite yet.
every time I go to order one or buy one at a local store they sell out.

From what I see is that people are buying all the stock and just selling on craigslist and eBay for crazy prices.

I guess I will buy a couple ragnarok mod chips and put one in a regular controller and hold on to the other.

if it works in the elite great if not I'll just throw it in another controller.

modded matt

Im trying to get my hands on one, but agree with Freyja. I have been contracted to port out a few things for a disabled gamer on an elite controller via 2.5mm jack. He has tough and pressure switches that need to interface with the controller. I am also going to try to install a berserker in an elite controller, but I have to get my hands on one first.The disabled guy has one he is sending me so I should have more info once it arrives. RDC has one from a customer currently and has made some notes and pics on Acidmods but he has not done a full write up as its a customers controller.

40_ounce

So I have an elite controller on the way I got it for $119.00 best buy open box on eBay.

I think they still have some for sale you can use this code C15LIMITEDTIME to take $15 off as of March 31 it's working..

Anyway does the ragnarok chip work with the elite controller?

modded matt

yes, the flex boards will work. everything is the same but there is an added resistor below the J5 connector that may cause some fitment issues, but you can roll the flex board around it. If you have a rigid board, remove and relocate the resistor.