Ragnarox question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0tHD

I was just reading on the forums, the Odin's raven doesn't have the functionality for the tactile button layout, so the ragnarox does?
more questions to answer please and thank you -
1. how many tac switches does the ragnarox have; where are they?
2. is it just a odins raven with a little more?
3. why doesn't the help desk support reply not go to my email? I have my email on my phone so it's so much easier to keep in contact with them rather than having to load up the site at school ( with crap connection and my school locked their wifi:( )

4. is this post in the right thread? I am seriously sorry if it isn't, just want to make moderation jobs harder than needed.

thank you very much for your replies.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Welcome to the forums!

1 Odin's raven doesn't have the functionality for the tactile button layout, so the ragnarox does?
Yes the ragnarok and the macro are the only controller to support the tactical layout.

2. how many tac switches does the ragnarox have; where are they?
There is only one tac switch on the back that functions as a mod switcher pretty much. You can not assign different mods to it like the macro which has six tac switches.

3. is it just a odins raven with a little more?
It is however has way more functions then the odins raven. take a look at this page to see all the functions:http://www.vikingdigital.com/support/xbox-360-ragnarok

4. why doesn't the help desk support reply not go to my email?
This one Im not sure about.

5. is this post in the right thread?
Yes your in the right thread, anything goes would of worked too.

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
The Ragnarok and Macro both support the tactical layout, not the Odin's Raven or Thor's Hammer. The Ragnarok has only one tactile or "mod" switch on the back of the controller which is used to for changing modes or turn mods on and off. It is NOT a button you can assign a function to. It is way more than just an upgraded Odin's Raven. It uses completely different software and is more customizable in my opinion, hence why it is more expensive (although not much more). It has multiple features that the Raven doesn't, and the configuration of how to activate and switch mods and modes is completely different since you don't use the sync button, and in my opinion it's much easier. The support tickets can only be accessed through the VikingDigital site, that's just how the site works. I don't know if they have a support email you could contact them through (I assume they don't) but the ticket system is just easier for the staff to access and it's more organized and in one place for them. So then they don't get a million emails they have to look through and respond.

If you have any other questions about the Ragnarok feel free to ask because I own one as well as a Macro (but I don't know much about the Macro except it's capabilities right now cuz I just got it lol)

Rob0tHD

I am super grateful for both of your replies. It seems to me that the Ragnarox is the way, to go, assuming you both really like it. Now I can order the odins raven now, no problem. Should I just wait until I get 30 more bucks and get all the extra features? I'm really a call of duty only kinda guy right now, stuck in mw2, and can only do well on tactile because of my panic knifing abilities. lol..
I appreciate the super fast replies, and can't wait for you to answer my last question ;D (sorry for the billion questions).

thank you both,
jake.

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
I definitely recommend the Ragnarok for Call of Duty. It's helped me a lot. I mainly only play MW3 right now, but if you play MW2, the Ragnarok has so many more features that are compatible with that game that no longer work in MW3. Also, there will be future updates coming out for the Ragnarok soon, here's the list of almost definite updates for the future: http://www.vikingforums.com/showthread.php?3837-360-Ragnarok-Driver-Software-Update-Ideas

I also am working on a little something while I'm at college that will be very helpful to CoD players =)

odingalt

Staff member
3. why doesn't the help desk support reply not go to my email? I have my email on my phone so it's so much easier to keep in contact with them rather than having to load up the site at school ( with crap connection and my school locked their wifi:( )

Log into your account. All tickets have been answered. Check our SPAM folder on your e-mail filter.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Personally Im more of a macro kind of guy however the ragnarok is still an awesome controller I would recommend any controller made by Viking all of them are excellent.

Rob0tHD

I definitely recommend the Ragnarok for Call of Duty. It's helped me a lot. I mainly only play MW3 right now, but if you play MW2, the Ragnarok has so many more features that are compatible with that game that no longer work in MW3. Also, there will be future updates coming out for the Ragnarok soon, here's the list of almost definite updates for the future: http://www.vikingforums.com/showthread.php?3837-360-Ragnarok-Driver-Software-Update-Ideas

I also am working on a little something while I'm at college that will be very helpful to CoD players =)

Alright, sounds good, I think I'll go with the ragnarox because it goes with my button layout. I appreciate the reply.

Log into your account. All tickets have been answered. Check our SPAM folder on your e-mail filter.
Spam folder empty, and spam filters have been off for a while, but I double checked. Not a big deal, but was just curious. Thanks for your reply.

Personally Im more of a macro kind of guy however the ragnarok is still an awesome controller I would recommend any controller made by Viking all of them are excellent.

Yea, I'll go with the ragnarox, I don't see spending 300bucks on a controller when It will only last a year before something either breaks or wears out. Not viking's fault, just experience with Microsoft controllers lol:p. But thanks for the reply!

If any moderator or admin wants to close the thread, feel free, my question was answered. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.