Thor's Hammer Shutting Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent

While switching modes with my Thor's Hammer controller I'm finding the controller randomly disconnecting from the console. Any help is appreciated.

Agent

I'll try new batteries later, but according to the dashboard the batteries are full. I dont think this is a matter of programming. To be as specific as I can be, while switching Slot 1 this sometimes happens and all the LEDs just start flashing in a circle and on the screen it gives a "Please connect a controller" message. When switching slot 2 this also happens but a lot more often.

odingalt

Staff member
You have to remember you can only tap the sync button, you can't hold the sync button, when operating the mod. When you say it disconnects, do you mean all four LED's actually shut off? OR do you mean the four LED's spin as if it's re-syncing with the console?

NYjetsNY1

Hmm... I remember hearing something like this. It has to do with the sync button. Let me see if I can find anything on it.

NYjetsNY1

"Try making a new preset. The Thor's Hammer likes to desync with A+Sync. "

Found that somewhere. Don't know if it's true, but are you using A + Sync?

Agent

It came preloaded with the All-in-one Popular Preset which had problems with the A+Sync now im running this:

fKIc

Which I am also having issues with. Slot 1 Disconnects every so often, Slot 2 does pretty much every single time I change modes.

Agent

You have to remember you can only tap the sync button, you can't hold the sync button, when operating the mod. When you say it disconnects, do you mean all four LED's actually shut off? OR do you mean the four LED's spin as if it's re-syncing with the console?

The four LED's spin.

odingalt

Staff member
This isn't uncommon with "legacy" controllers, it's the drawback of not having a tac switch and having to use the sync button. Just be sure you are only tapping the sync button. If you are scrolling from mode 1 to say mode 7, you have to be patient with tapping, if you tap a whole bunch it will go into sync'ing your controller. And of course the famous words "try a fresh battery pack", you'd be amazed how many problems are solved by using a good battery pack or good batteries.

Fredrow

The trick with the SYNC button is whenever you combo the SYNC button up with any other button you must 'Hold the other button while just tapping the SYNC button and DO NOT release the other button until you have tapped the SYNC button'

Agent

I never really payed much attention to how I use the sync button but as I'm being more cautious im not noticing this as often, as long as this isn't a problem with my controller in paticular I feel better. I would recommend making this clear in the product descriptions as I would have been more likely to buy a product with tac switches if I had known which have them and about this issue.

Fredrow

I never really payed much attention to how I use the sync button but as I'm being more cautious im not noticing this as often, as long as this isn't a problem with my controller in paticular I feel better. I would recommend making this clear in the product descriptions as I would have been more likely to buy a product with tac switches if I had known which have them and about this issue.

Well just so you know there is no issues with your controller!!!!

Also the SYNC button thing is not an issue!!! What I mean is that its not a fault, the user just needs to know how to use the SYNC button properly to change modes!!!

Agent

Well just so you know there is no issues with your controller!!!!

Also the SYNC button thing is not an issue!!! What I mean is that its not a fault, the user just needs to know how to use the SYNC button properly to change modes!!!

I understand that, but its an inconvenience that isn't addressed anywhere, I have had my controller for under a week and am still learning how to use it.

odingalt

Staff member
My bad, this is such common knowledge amongst the "modding crowd" that the sync button still works like a sync button, nobody mentions it on their product pages any more. I just checked a dozen of my competitor's websites and there's no mention anywhere about the drawback of using the sync button to change mods.

When following logic, it makes sense that for you to be able to still synchronize your modded controller to your console, the SYNC button would cause the controller to re-sync if you hold the sync button. Otherwise how else would one sync their controller to the console? I guess this is a leap of logic for some.

You can send it back for a refund (we just need it in "as new" or resellable condition) and we will refund everything (except the original shipping cost). Our standard policy is "no refunds", but you are obviously distressed about the modded controllers that use the sync button for changing up the modes, so we'd like to make an exception to our "no refunds" policy. If you'd like to send it back, just open up a support ticket at the website, and point the helpdesk staff to this thread in the forums -- this thread will let them know that the return is authorized (they might be confused at first when sending in for a refund but then when they read this post they'll know)

EDIT: When we brought the Thor's Hammer out of retirement about a month ago and put it up on the e-commerce websites, we failed to bring over all the great product descriptions from the old Viking360 "1.0" purple website from 2010. Methinks I need to update the product descriptions and talk about the sync button. (Do any of you guys remember the old purple Viking360 website where it showed the Odin's Raven and Thor's Hammer side-by-side?)

Status
Not open for further replies.