Thor's Hammer

KCZ45

Hi, im new to all this stuff and help would be appreciated. Sorry if im posting these questions in the wrong place, so bare with me. Im in Ma, how long would it take for me to get my stock Thor's hammer controller? Anyways I was wondering if there was a way i could get this software or program on a mac. Also is working or messing with the program difficult, i know there's a couple of videos on th site but in your personal opinion did you think it was hard at first? Would i have to buy the cable to connect it to the computer if i don't have it? Those the controller come with instructions on how the program works? Sorry for all the questions, and sorry if im in the wrong place to be asking these questions, so bare with me. Feel free to talk about your hammer or ravin, and how it's been going with you. Thanks for the help.
Kevin

40_ounce

If you can run windows on your mac using parallels or vmware I'm sure the program will run. The software is easy to use. You can download it now to get familiar with it. It should take about five to seven business days to get there. Remember they have to install the chip and what ever other mods you request. After you get it you will see that it comes with everything you need to connect to your computer to program. Oh yeah and I have a Thor's Hammer and love it.

odingalt

Staff member
(fyi "Mac is not officially supported". Some users have been able to get it working but Viking won't officially support trying to get the software to run on a Mac)

If the Thor's Hammer has a 3.5mm jack for programming then you get the cable for free, if the Thor's Hammer is programmed by Play-and-charge cable then any microsoft play-and-charge cable can be used but it's not included.

Right now we are installing the 3.5mm jack, but in a couple of weeks we are looking at reverting back to the "sleeper" build where the mod is programmed through the Pnc port and there would be no external indication that your Thor's Hammer is a modded controller.

KCZ45

thanks guys, but i orderd the same day shipping version of the controller, wouldnt it ship faster then? Anyways where can i get the mods from like the specials one with quick scope and turbo knife ect. Are there any mods that arn't compatiable with the hammer and only compatiable with the macro? thanks again
kevin

odingalt

Staff member
Turbo knife so far is only available on the macro controller. It will be on the Ragnarok next. That particular feature won't be available for Odin's Raven or Thor's Hammer due to a limitation in that modchip.

odingalt

Staff member
KCZ45 yes but soon we will be changing it so that the Thor's Hammer will be programmed through the play-and-charge port instead. (The limitation being that your battery charge indicator LED on the play-and-charge cable will no longer function). When this change happens you'll see the product description for the Thor's Hammer will be updated to reflect this change.

KCZ45

i was wondering is there any mods forr undead nightmare? the add on for red dead? for the thor's hammer

odingalt

Staff member
We don't have any special mods for the Red Dead series of games. As far as I know, just rapidfire would work and just for the semi autos, but not for bolt action type rifles. Our special modes (stuff other than rapidfire) is designed for Call of Duty or Gears of War. (Unless of course you have a macro controller in which case we've got all sorts of stuff)

Fredrow

just got my hammer and no cable came with it, i guess that means its a play n charge one.

What did you order? I know you ordered a Thor's Hammer but what programming option did you choose?

If it doesn’t have a 3.5mm jack located anywhere on the bottom shell then yes you have to use the pNc cable to program it! Which in my opinion blows!!! You will see what I'm talking about when you go to program the controller. I really hate the programming option through the pNc header, much better/nice/user friendly to have the 3.5mm jack installed into the controller to be used for programming the controller!!!

KCZ45

What did you order? I know you ordered a Thor's Hammer but what programming option did you choose?

If it doesn’t have a 3.5mm jack located anywhere on the bottom shell then yes you have to use the pNc cable to program it! Which in my opinion blows!!! You will see what I'm talking about when you go to program the controller. I really hate the programming option through the pNc header, much better/nice/user friendly to have the 3.5mm jack installed into the controller to be used for programming the controller!!!
why is it bad? oh and it didnt give me a option im 100% sure i know it didn't give me an option

KCZ45

please help, im pretty sure im doing every thing right, it says my controller sucessfuly was programed and then it says now its time to reboot and play but everytime i reboot it says "the viking controlller exited bootloader mode, or was disconnected". please help i have no idea what im doing wrong.

KCZ45

please help, im pretty sure im doing every thing right, it says my controller sucessfuly was programed and then it says now its time to reboot and play but everytime i reboot it says "the viking controlller exited bootloader mode, or was disconnected". please help i have no idea what im doing wrong.
nevermind thats suppost to happen...