right thumbstick broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

FL3X VoRTeXX

(sorry its my left not the right)i bought a thors hammer 2 months ago it desinc when i was changing mod so i unpluged it and replugged it and it wouldnt reconnect so i re sinc it to my xbox 360 and it slowly turns to the right all the time and when trying to move the left thumbstick to the right it moves alot slower then when you move it to the left i was woundering how i would fix this? ps my normal controller doesnt do this but i dont like this pad

Last edited:
(sorry its my left not the right)i bought a thors hammer 2 months ago it desinc when i was changing mod so i unpluged it and replugged it and it wouldnt reconnect so i re sinc it to my xbox 360 and it slowly turns to the right all the time and when trying to move the left thumbstick to the right it moves alot slower then when you move it to the left i was woundering how i would fix this? ps my normal controller doesnt do this but i dont like this pad

did you drop it? this is a common problem after a controller rolls off your couch or bed onto the floor.

FL3X VoRTeXX

i dont remember ever dropping this controller its always been in a safe place such as a draw or back of the sofa it was working fine the day before and today but its just when i turned it off

FL3X VoRTeXX

were abouts is the help desk? its kinda stupid now im thinking of just opening it up and doing something about it by youtube

odingalt

Staff member
Unfortunately Microsoft controller joystick mechanism are not the highest quality, we see this all the time after just a couple months of gameplay (stick drift). Half the controllers I have at home have this, I have to tap or nudge the joystick with my thumb to center it to stop the drift.

That's a option, if you open it, it voids your warranty though.

You can use cheaper mailing options, here we have flat rate padded envelopes that would make it to you for $17. Or USPS first class for under $10

i must be lucky, none of my fleet of controllers have this problem... Even ones worn Down to the plastic stubs. He'll I even use them as boomerangs on occasion. ( not my macro )

Last edited:

FL3X VoRTeXX

That's a option, if you open it, it voids your warranty though.

You can use cheaper mailing options, here we have flat rate padded envelopes that would make it to you for $17. Or USPS first class for under $10

i must be lucky, none of my fleet of controllers have this problem... Even ones worn Down to the plastic stubs. He'll I even use them as boomerangs on occasion. ( not my macro )
im not american so mine would probably cost more i got to send it from england it first cost me £20 to get it here and i dont want to spend £40 sending it back and then getting it back here plus i have a job so i wont more then likely be in when i get this controller back then there is the price of the thumbsticks and such
add: i hate useing this rubbish broken white controller i have that have no base and the rb lb is stiff

Last edited:

modded matt

If you have a soldering iron, I can send you a thumbstick, just cover the shipping cost. Otherwise see if anyone can get a hold of ben. he was a uk viking reseller but I havent seen him in a while.

we understand what is wrong, Matt is willing to send you a thumb stick if you pay shipping... im sure he will send it USPS flat rate, or First class wich is cheap. You will need a soldering Iron like he mention.. I believe you need to remove the modchip to access the left joystick.

FL3X VoRTeXX

we understand what is wrong, Matt is willing to send you a thumb stick if you pay shipping... im sure he will send it USPS flat rate, or First class wich is cheap. You will need a soldering Iron like he mention.. I believe you need to remove the modchip to access the left joystick.
im no good with a soldering iron and i kinda dont have the money for the left one yet so i will open it and see if i need a soldering iron

odingalt

Staff member
The warranty sticker must retain completely untampered with, in other words you can't open the controller without voiding the warranty.

FL3X VoRTeXX

warning to all that get stick drift this is what you get when you make the ticket about it
"Stick drift is pretty common even on unmodded controllers there's not much we can do to combat Microsoft's quality. The thumbsticks on all microsoft controllers are "looser" than they were 5 years ago"

so basicly i dont think they give a dam about you after you buy the controller

warning to all that get stick drift this is what you get when you make the ticket about it
"Stick drift is pretty common even on unmodded controllers there's not much we can do to combat Microsoft's quality. The thumbsticks on all microsoft controllers are "looser" than they were 5 years ago"

so basicly i dont think they give a dam about you after you buy the controller

your stupid... how is it vikings fault you purchased there controller internationally? and you are not willing to mail it back to them to fix it? That is how warranty's work, it breaks, the manufacture fix's it... ( your warranty also covers any problems with microsofts parts, wich is pretty good if u ask me )
You should come to the states.. you would fit in here very well with that mentality, everyone wants something for free. And if they dont help you (IE spend there money ) then they dont 'give a dam''

FL3X VoRTeXX

your stupid... how is it vikings fault you purchased there controller internationally? and you are not willing to mail it back to them to fix it? That is how warranty's work, it breaks, the manufacture fix's it... ( your warranty also covers any problems with microsofts parts, wich is pretty good if u ask me )
You should come to the states.. you would fit in here very well with that mentality, everyone wants something for free. And if they dont help you (IE spend there money ) then they dont 'give a dam''
i messaged asking how would i send it back and would i have to pay for it to be repaired i got sick of it being unused on my window so i wanted to get it repaired thats what they sent back if i could get the original ticket i would show you what it said
just found out there is a way to get it back but i wasnt logged in when i sent the ticket so i dont think there is any other way

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.