Black ops 1 game search problem

Boricua

So i went to my uncles house today and played black ops 1 on his xbox and was able to find games easy... i get back home and play it on mine and it takes forever to find a lobby. Most of the time it will make me host and ill be waiting for up to 30 mins for ppl to join. Is it my internet or what?!

bonefisher

you have a high ping and not to good internet connection! your search settings are on normal just change them to any and that will help find room faster!

bonefisher

black ops only shows me local, local only and normal i believe.
did it tell you how to get a Grade A+ connection! Speed looks good but ping is little bit high! Ever since I change my internet my room search stinks but not that long! I have about the same ping but way lower speed like 18mb/s download and 1.5 upload! My last provider gave me 63mb/s download and 11.6 mb/s upload with a ping from 3 to 5 and grade A+ connection! Which I will be going back too! The room search was like instant on that connection! Look into changing the dns servers on the router could help that ping and connection!

bonefisher

If you run namebench 1.3.1v windows you can find the fastest dns servers for you! Then just add to the router and save! Will help you out!

Boricua

Will try it out man. Thanks for the advice.

** Just tried this out and it said my current DNS is the fastest lol... man this sucks..

Last edited:

bonefisher

yeah it does! oh well! I just put mine on default setting and it is letting me in rooms faster! Just trying the M14 super anti-recoil out and it is a winner! Might teak a little different when I have some time!