Where do I get the password for the regular site?

Oxnardian805

:?: I ordered my controller and I went to login but I don't know my password, I clicked on reset my password but I never got an email. I'm kinda worried can someone reply??? Thnx

Krier023

Useful Poster
when you ordered viking sends you 3 messages. in one of those messages was your username and password. atleast it was for me

LoveKillzSlowly

Nope I already looked there. I just sent a PM to the Admin of this site so let's see what happens.

Put your email address in the form on this page and click “reset password”. You should receive an email containing your new password within a few minutes. If you don’t see it soon, try checking your spam or junk folder. Sometimes automated emails like resetting a password will get flagged as spam by your email provider. If you still need help, please contact our support department.
How are we suppose to contact their support team if we can't even login/reset our password :?:

LoveKillzSlowly

If it wasn't shipped out Friday I am going to be disappointed because my order was a pre-order and was told that pre-orders will be shipped out on Oct. 1st. I don't mean to sound impatient but I just want to find out the status of my package.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

LoveKillzSlowly said:
If it wasn't shipped out Friday I am going to be disappointed because my order was a pre-order and was told that pre-orders will be shipped out on Oct. 1st. I don't mean to sound impatient but I just want to find out the status of my package.
some preorders didnt ship on the 1st.

LoveKillzSlowly

Yeah and some pre-orders never got shipped out on the 4th or today, like mine for example. Whatever happen to them upgrading shipping to those people that fell into this category because I feel like I am being treated as if I never pre-ordered. I got my tracking number like a hour ago and i am 99% it isn't going to be shipped out 'till tomorrow since It says Billing Information Received which means package hasn't been dropped off/picked up yet.

@Oxnardian805
You will still be able to download/upload macros. But it is important that you receive your account/password because If your controller was to ever go wrong you would need to login into your account to open up a support ticket to get it fixed. I am still waiting for a reply to my PM, I cannot contact the support department and the moderators here are not going to help/know much.

odingalt

Staff member
Ox, I sent you a PM, I confirmed that the website did not generate Love's account like it should have. Please PM me back with your order info and I will add you to the list (now two) of people who did not receive their account info. If anybody else did not get their account info when they ordered please post here or send me a PM with your order info, e-mail and username so we can get you set up and PM you back with a temporary password.

I'll cut and paste my cookie cutter answer that we used for some support ticket requests today from some (understandably) frustrated customers looking for more information on their orders:

"(Name of Customer),

Your controller was shipped yesterday and it is on its way. We apologize that it was shipped late and we appreciate your frustration. We had quality control issues with the new modchip installation on Friday that needed addressed before we could ship out orders. Rest assured, we were working 18 hour days all weekend to take care of any issues and get orders out as soon as possible.

Please understand we took the one extra day to ensure that your controller is in top working condition.

Einar"

We are late on shipping orders, plain and simple. It will not be a consolation to most of you, but I feel compelled to explain why. Please understand we are not just sitting on a warehouse of controllers holding orders just because we are evil people. Our PCB assembly contractor ended up about 3 weeks behind schedule. On top of being late, they rushed the process to get us what few modchips they could last week to get us started on pre-orders. We only received 80 modchips last week (we had 79 preorders). They rushed, their quality was extremely poor, and the failure rate of modchips out of the bag was about 30%.

I was able to successfully re-work (re-solder/repair) all but 11 of the modchips - leaving us with only 69 modchips (for 79 pre-orders). The other 11 modchips ended up in the trash as unrecoverable. Our shop last week was total anarchy as controllers were failing our quality assurance tests left and right. We test every controller thorougly before shipment. There was no way we could ship controllers with so many failures happening. Until we could isolate the cause of the failures, run more quality tests, find and solve the problems, and assure that the controllers we did ship would be reliable, we weren't going to ship any. By Friday we were still searching for answers. Frankly, I was in the dark as to what was going on.

So anyway, after working literally 18 hour days starting Friday morning at 6:00AM, we found a scientific explanation for every single controller that failed the tests, made permanent repairs to the modchips that could be repaired, and by Monday 64 orders shipped out before the UPS cutoff. We received a second batch of 250 modchips on Monday. The quality is MUCH improved, only about 10% of chips still need re-worked, and so far none have ended up in the trash. I was able to successfully re-work ALL of the 'bad' modchips. We shipped the remaining pre-orders on Tuesday, using chips from the second batch, which proved to be much better quality. We also stayed late again and made some serious progress on catching up on any remaining orders. ALL ORDERS will be current as of tomorrow and will be shipped before UPS's 6:30PM cutoff.

Love, your order was unique. You ordered on Thursday 5:08PM in our time zone. Our daily credit card batch report runs daily at 5:00PM. We have to wait for the credit card batch report to run before we can ship an order (to confirm that we receive the funds and that the charge isn't going to reverse on us). This means that even on a good week, we wouldn't have shipped your order until Monday (we wouldn't have confirmation that you order went through until close of business the next day on friday). However your controller doesn't go out until tomorrow (I see it on our shelf with the label on it but we missed the local UPS office 6:30PM cutoff). So we are confirmed two days late shipping your order and for that I deeply apologize.

I apologize to everybody. I thought leaving a one month window as cushion time was more than enough in the event of any production problems, and apparently I was dead wrong - I failed to consider that our PCB assembler would do such a terrible job on what I considered a rather remedial assembly. We will receive the balance of 1,650 modchips over the next couple of weeks but I have asked the assembler to suspend work while I analyze the remainder of the current batch 250 modchips we received Monday. It appears they have already made corrections for the most critical failures from last week, but there are still some quality issues on the main 64-pin QFN (which again is a remedial part in my opinion and I don't understand why they are having trouble with it) which is causing me to have to spent a lot of extra hours re-working mod chips that should've been done right the first time.

Of course on top of 18 hours Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday working througha ll this, I have been very busy on updating the firmware for the controllers and putting the finishing touches on getting the bugs out of our timeline editor. I have already started making a few macros and doing a little testing on-line (I'm sure some of you have seen my gamertag active the last couple of weeks). We will have the software link up on the website tomorrow night as some of the first customer sshould be receiveing their orders and they need something to play with!

Thanks for listening and sorry I don't have better news, I just hope that when you do finally get your product and the final version of the firmware uploaded into your controller and the timeline editor installed on your PC, the wait will have been worth it. To those of you who pre-ordered Serpents, they look asbsolutely awesome, just wait and see!

LoveKillzSlowly

UPDATE: They got the last of the preorders shipped out today(Monday) but mine of course wasn't shipped out yet. Mine is the very first post order that goes out Wednesday, and then there are 20 more after that and they should be all caught up. Weird since I did pre-order it before Friday but no biggie.

The cart system might have failed to generate a login for me, so this is why I couldn't login or reset my password but they are working on it. So Oxnardian805 and whoever else you might want to PM odingalt so they can solve this problem for you.

Edit:Sorry I posted before reading your post, but thanks for the long explanation.

odingalt

Staff member
We were so close to getting yours out tonight, my wife specifically mentioned yours as you ordered Thursday night which, when your orders goes out tomorrow is 6 'human days' from the day you ordered, which is a LONG time in this day and age of internet warehouses and internet shopping.

I was soldering feverishly tonight and we did get 5 more orders assembled after the UPS cutoff, and 15 orders 'half assembled' (it's hard to explain, but we do a partial assembly, and then stop to test out all the connections, using the LED's as test indicators, before proceeding with finishing the install and programming the final firmware into the controller).

Everything is testing our great and we've had low failures in the batch of modchips we received Monday, and I have been able to rework all of them. The regular shop crew is already trained and will be finishing up and shipping out the remaining orders tomorrow well before the cutoff. I made sure to half assemble twice as many units as are needed to meet the final orders, so even if our employees do have one or more fail the test, they have backups to prepare and ship out.

So no matter what you order is going out tomorrow. Even if I have to jump on a plane to deliver it.

==edit== yeah I saw your post at the same exact time as mine, it's like you were reading my mind lol

KIL0 iRecon

so what is the reason that the delivery dates were rescheduled? like mine is now for the 11th? is this an issue with the shipping method or UPS?

LoveKillzSlowly

You would have to contact UPS because it's in their hands now, just try to be patient. Trust me we are all eager to get it soon just as much as you are. From what I was told there will be a firmware update on or around the 10th so people really shouldn't be using the software until they upgrade since he wasn't able to ship the final build of the firmware on the units. Software will be released tonight so we can all start making macros until we wait for our controllers to arrive.

odingalt

Staff member
KIL0 iRecon said:
so what is the reason that the delivery dates were rescheduled? like mine is now for the 11th? is this an issue with the shipping method or UPS?

This is an issue with Viking360, not with UPS. UPS advertises ground service as something like 5-9 days so if you ordered ground there's a good chance it's not going to make it by this weekend unless you're on the West Coast.

Probably. Mine will be here friday and I didn't even order it til like monday? I think? I live in the same state as viking360 though.