cannot upload macros to controller

Doc

I just got my controller, updated the flash and installed the new x64 software. When i try to upload a macro set it gives me an error message saying "The viking software has stopped working" :evil: . When I disconnect the controller I get spinning lights and the controller still has the factory macros on it. I can download the factory macros to the computer though. My computer has windows 7 x64.

odingalt

Staff member
Re: cannot upload to controller

Is this with 0.8.1.3? The developer released two versions right after each other today. Is there any way you can get a screenshot of the error?

Doc

yes this is 8.1.3
viking%20error.png

The error happens immediately after clicking the upload icon.

odingalt

Staff member

I have forwarded the issue to the developer, it's unfortunate that it does not provide more codes other than a generic error. Let us know if you are ever able to get it to spit out a code. Is there any way you could save the .vks you are trying to write to the device, and then post it here? Maybe there is something in the .vks causing the issue.

Also, try saving the .vks first, then writing to device, to see if this solves the problem.

Einar

Doc

I have tried saving it first. I have also tried different macros or just a blank macro set and it always gives the same error.

odingalt

Staff member

I have a 64 bit machine at home, I will test today's build when I get home.

G

This is happening to me too. I have only been able to save my setup with the first viking software I downloaded. I've tried saving the .vks before trying to sync my controller but nothing seems to work. I get the same error as above(no code). Will be trying a few different things later tonight.

Bedfordx

The exact same happened to me heres a screen shot of the error when trying to export the macros back onto the controller and then next to it is after and it just crashes... Then the controller is disconnected and starts flashing all the LEDS in a white and a light pink...
[attachment=0:3btlmhe6]viking error.jpg[/attachment:3btlmhe6]

odingalt

Staff member

Are you guys all 64-bit users? I need to know, I want to make sure this is an x64 issue and not a general error with our latest build.

It looks like they built the latest version incorrectly.. back to the drawing board. I have x64 working o.k. yesterday. They were fixing a lot of other bugs today and must've not set one of the compile switches correctly when they released 0.8.1.3. I am in the Pacific Time Zone, our main developer is in Ukraine so we may not have the x64 fixed again until tomorrow... :cry:

Thanks very much for posting the screenshot. I will take a look tonight on my x64 machine to see if there is any more information I can dig up to help speed up the process of getting fixed...

Bedfordx

my computor is a WIndows Vista 32bit operating system and i got the error message i posted earlier :)

@@@PLEASE READ@@@
The error message i posted earlier with the codes in is incorrect as i received that first error message because i click the import macros again. However when i click the proper button to export the macros i dont get the error message with all the codes in but viking 360 software still just crashs...

G

Re: cannot upload to controller (64-bit users)

Im a 32bit xp user.

Doc

Just installed to my vista 32bit system and it's doing the exact same thing.

odingalt

Staff member

Looks like they broke the latest build. Sorry guys. They keep rebuilding and uploading without checking with me first and it looks like they broke the build. I'll see if I can get on the project file share and dig up a working version to play with in the time being... was working fine for me last night. :x 0.8.1 and 0.8.1.2.... now are on 0.8.1.3 and it's plumb broken for all o/s.

Einar

fathersin

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.100608-0458)

whoa044

The same happened to me when I tried it on my 32bit desktop, and my 64bit laptop.
I don't think it would have something to do with what's in the .vks, I tested downloading the macros from controller, and re-uploading them without any changes. Windows 7 on both. It doesn't seem like an operating system compatability issue, otherwise we probably wouldn't be able to download from controller, but it's unusual why we can't upload back to it.

It's definitely with the code in which it makes information transfer to the controller.

I'm Ukrainian as well, but live in the US (NJ).

fathersin

Went back to recycle bin and restored it. Older vers will upload to controller for me.

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.100608-0458)

vers