how do you change the led colors in your controllers?

M0N5T3R EN3RGY

i want to change my led color to something other than red, but my macro editor/macro time line is going all screwy on me its magnified and its off to the left of my screen so i cant really use that unless someone can help me, i have a windows xp 64 bit i think. thanks :cool: :?: :geek:

G

that's how mine used to be. The only solution I could find was plugging my computer into my 32 inch tv. You can try changing your resolution settings under your display properties

obo

M0N5T3R EN3RGY said:
i want to change my led color to something other than red, but my macro editor/macro time line is going all screwy on me its magnified and its off to the left of my screen so i cant really use that unless someone can help me, i have a windows xp 64 bit i think. thanks :cool: :?: :geek:
what display settings are you using right now?

Bedfordx

Hey,
I'll quickly take you through how to make a basic rapid fire script using the macro editor (i should be making a video later on tonight about it).
1.open up a brand new timeline in the macro editor.
2.at about 0.05 put a dot on the right trigger time line (doing this by left clicking on the RT time line)
3.press and hold the right click mouse button on the dot you put on the RT time line and drag it to the right. This new dot should be placed at 0.1 on your timeline.
4.DO NOT change the pressure for the triggers. Default pressure when you put the dot down on the time line will be 0% on the pressure bar. (looks like a generic volume bar)
5. You can check that both the pressures on the dot are set to ZERO by left clicking on the dot you created and it will load up a sort of speech bubble with a "volume bar" and the bar should be dragged to the left hence 0% pressure.
---------
To recap you should have 2 dots connected by a line one of the dots at 0.05 on the timeline and the second at 0.1...
---------
6.There are TWO cogs on the top of the viking software page, CLICK ON THE LEFT ONE! Turn the speed multiplier to 1.50, and change the file name to whatever you want (personally i'd call it "GenericRapidFire")
7. Now click OK.
8. In the top right hand corner there is a floppy disc (THIS IS THE SAVE BUTTON). Click it and save the file where ever you want (preferably somewhere easily accessible like your desktop)
9.click on the top left Controller looking button.
10. you should see a picture of a black controller with speech bubbles coming off all the buttons. Hover your mouse over the Right Trigger button and click "Open Macro" (the file looking icon).
11. navigate to your rapid fire script you just made and click on it the right trigger should say the name you saved the rapid fire script as (in my case "GenericRapidFire").
-------
IT's NOT OVER (Now to make it so you can toggle rapid fire on and off)
-------
12. Hover your mouse cursor over one of the tactile switches. I would use RT1! and click the buttons saying "Toggle Macro On/Off" (a menu should pop up)
13.For select button choose "RT or Right Trigger" from the drop down menu.
14. For your LED indicator i would choose LED4.
15. CLICK OK!
16. FINALLY, in the bottom right hand corner there is a button that looks like a computer. This button is the export macros to the controller SO CLICK THAT BUTTON. Now you have a basic rapid fire script which should be 10SPS (10 Shots per Second).

PROTIP: You can change the speed of your rapid fire easily at stage 6 by changing the speed multiplier.

I really do hope this helps and im not going to get into fast reload, thats a whole other kettle of fish. Have a nice day :)

-Bedfordx

usjot

sorry...just to be clear 1.5 is equal to 10sps?? Just want to know what to increment the changes i will be making to get close to my 27.4 "raven speed"
Thanks in advance

odingalt

Staff member
It seems that there is a bug with the timeline multiplier. I had it tested out nice last week, but in yesterday's release the developer screwed up a conversion to a floating point

So it seems you'll be stuck with using the timeline editor for now and having to re-draw the dots to get different speeds... will be fixing this as soon as possible.

In laymen's terms, we got a bug, but we know about it and it should be an easy fix. Unfortunately I only do the microcontroller side of things, the guy who writes the Windows side of things is unavailable at the moment... I can't believe I don't have the kinks worked out for this weekend, I feel like a donkey.

odingalt

Staff member
Oh as far as changing LED colors, you're stuck with red,green,blue,yellow,purple as the five page colors. We are working on taking the color picker from the timeline editor and adding it to your page selection - that way you can pick any colors you want for the five pages.

Also we'll be increasing the number of available pages for macros up to 16. That way you should be able to cram all the settings for all your games into one giant macro set.

E

PS3andCOD

Contributor
It's not really your fault... Sounds like the web developer is screwing everything up, and is behind schedule.

odingalt

Staff member
Well yes and no - I am the project manager, the owner, and the guy who is selling these things to you customers. So really I need to take full responsibility for the project. It's my responsibility if a contractor is not meeting deadline. I have been struggling thisd week getting from 80% completion to 100% completion, so to speak. I don't blame any customers for getting angry or even sending back their controllers, I just want to beg of everyone, hold on a couple more days, I am working 24/7 on this and while there's no excuse that we don't have the software ready, we are going to make it happen, hang in there!!!

When we get the bugs ironed and and I mean right quickly, I will build up the macro library and you guys are going to love this controller!

usjot

everybody needs to chill we got the nastiest controllers on xbox, an extra week or so is no big deal.

odingalt

Staff member
usjot said:
sorry...just to be clear 1.5 is equal to 10sps?? Just want to know what to increment the changes i will be making to get close to my 27.4 "raven speed"
Thanks in advance

Why do I keep seeing people reference this magical 27.4 speed?

A word of advice to everyone. The legacy controllers miscalculated speed. That means 27.4 SPS wasn't REALLY 27.4 shots per second. The software overestimated speeds anywhere from 10-15%. Also a lot of people made the bad habit of dialing in a speed that was around 2x faster than the actual in game cap. For instance COD:MW2 cap is around 10 shots per second. A lot of people were dialing in close to 30 saying they were getting better speeds. Pure voodoo. It was just a case of the game only really picking up on every third trigger pull since you were toggling it way too fast for tyhe game to interpret.

Which game is 27.4 the magical number for? I doubt dialing in 27.4 on the new macro controller will yield the same results for aforementioned reason that 27.4 on the new viking macro does not equal 27.4 on the legacy devices.