Def broken, in need of repair!!!

Quickshift268

Whats up, I bought an Odins raven 6/23 of past year. It has been awesome until my son decided to yank a few wires out of the back. Is it possible to send it to you for repairs and to freshen it up as it leans to the left a bit.
Thanks!

WetterThanWater

Well, you are out of warranty, but you would have to pay for shipping and the repair. But, where do you live? If you live closer to Seattle, send it to Fredrow, (I've also heard he costs less). If you live in the UK send it to Ben. Or just send it to Einar. (Viking360)

Quickshift268

Thank you for the replies. It cost way too much to not have it fixed. Btw I live in Missouri so I think UK might be a touch too far! Lol

NYjetsNY1

Alright then

PM:

odingalt
Fredrow

They are your best options for something like this. I can't promise anything though.

NYjetsNY1

PM:

odingalt
Fredrow

They are your best options for something like this. I can't promise anything though.

I can't be certain how bad the damage is either, can you be a bit more specific?

Quickshift268

I sure can explain it better. It has NOT been opened. Under the battery pak there are a few red and blue super thin wires. Those have been pulled out. Does that help?

WetterThanWater

Sorry, I didn't mean bare as in exposed wires with no plastic on it, I meant, that theres theres wires visible from behind the battery pack.

Fredrow

Quickshift268 said:
I sure can explain it better. It has NOT been opened. Under the battery pak there are a few red and blue super thin wires. Those have been pulled out. Does that help?

Why did you rip the wires out? You maybe SOL man.

There is a very high chance when you ripped those wires out you may have also ripped up the landings or even whole traces too.

Quickshift268

Fredrow said:
Quickshift268 said:

There is a very high chance when you ripped those wires out you may have also ripped up the landings or even whole traces too.

i didnt my nosey 8 year old boy did

NYjetsNY1

Quickshift268 said:
Fredrow said:
Quickshift268 said:

i didnt my nosey 8 year old boy did

It seems you may be out of luck on this. Stuff like this is pretty much unrepairable - so I've heard.

NYjetsNY1

Fredrow said:
False..........

You can't make a judgment call like that without enough evidence!!!

True true, I guess I'm like a fish on a hook ... I see the bait and get hooked.

My bad then. I don't know whether odingalt would be willing to take a look :| nor fredrow but you can ask them!

odingalt

Staff member
Quickshift268 said:

Our lead tech at the shop who handles the returns would always say something like "$50 plus they pay shipping and only if they didn't tamper with it and no promises until we get the controller and open it up to see what's going on in there!"

Quickshift268

Hey just an update, finally got mine back today, Fredrow totally hooked it up!! Works like new! Only problem now is I need a new cord to download different presets. Can we buy just those?

Fredrow

[color=#0000FF said:
Quickshift268[/color]]Hey just an update, finally got mine back today, Fredrow totally hooked it up!! Works like new! Only problem now is I need a new cord to download different presets. Can we buy just those?

I thought we already talked about this?

You do not need the 3.5mm to USB cable because your controller does not have the 3.5mm jack installed into it. Remember?? All you need is a PnC (play and charge) cable; which you said that you had!!! If you do not own this cable, then go to your local (Wall-mart, Target, Best-Buy, GameStop, Toys 'R' Us, 7-11) and buy a PnC cable!!

Quickshift268

I know we did, but I thought I knew what I was talking about! Obviously I didn't!! Lol.
So I will go buy a plug n play and I will be good! Thanks again for your patience Fredrow!

Fredrow

[color=#0000FF said:
Quickshift268[/color]]I know we did, but I thought I knew what I was talking about! Obviously I didn't!! Lol.
So I will go buy a plug n play and I will be good! Thanks again for your patience Fredrow!

It's all good Sam...... Oh, and keep the 'P' word on the low, I don't want people to think I have patience now..... :lol:

Also the cable is call a "Play and Charge" not a "plug n play"..... Here is a picture of the cable in question!!!!

1LRJt.jpg

If you need anymore help at all, you know what to do!!!! We are always here to help out mane!!!!!