YOU GUYS

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYjetsNY1

The Bear Did It said:
I got it on this past thursday, I don't believe I've dropped it, but I think it fell off my couch on to the carpet but it was working fine for hours after that. When I first got it I had to hold the trigger in ALL the way to get it to shoot rapid fire. Last night I noticed when I held it down all the way it fired rapid fire but incredibly slow. I'd have to find a "sweet spot" in how much i pressed down the trigger, basically halfway down was the only spot it would fire full speed all others it would go either rapid but slow, not at all, or fire on and off. I noticed it first on Black Ops, then when I switched to CoD4 it did the same thing. This morning I tried on mw2 and it is the same way as last night. At this point I don't think its the speed settings or w.e because even if I scroll through all 8 presets in game they all still end up doing the same thing, I have to find the sweet spot or it's not full speed. What should I do? Could I send it in or to someone to have it checked out?

Try using fresh new batteries and going on MW2 with the speed of 27.40.

The Bear Did It

I switched the "special" mode to akimbo and when I pull the trigger the left gun works like it first did and its fine, rapid fire fast speed and all but the right gun kind of does nothing or shoots a few bullets really slow. It's like the right trigger doesn't like the mod :(

Fredrow

The Bear Did It said:
I switched the "special" mode to akimbo and when I pull the trigger the left gun works like it first did and its fine, rapid fire fast speed and all but the right gun kind of does nothing or shoots a few bullets really slow. It's like the right trigger doesn't like the mod :(

How does the controller work with no modes selected? Rapid-fire turned off, so the only LED that should be on is player number 1.... How does the right trigger shoot??

NYjetsNY1 said:

27.40 sps is a little too high of a speed, isn't it? I do not think that would work to well....

NYjetsNY1

Fredrow said:
The Bear Did It said:

How does the controller work with no modes selected? Rapid-fire turned off, so the only LED that should be on is player number 1.... How does the right trigger shoot??

NYjetsNY1 said:

27.40 sps is a little too high of a speed, isn't it? I do not think that would work to well....

This is a legacy we are talking about, yes? 27.40 isn't actually 27.40, it just is a good MW2 speed on hex editor.

NYjetsNY1

The Bear Did It said:
I put in new batteries and it worked fine, which is odd because the problem started about when I put new batteries in the first time.

Awesome glad to hear it.

NYjetsNY1

The Bear Did It said:
now its doing it again, this is annoying.

Is it on akimbo mode? If not and none of the rapid-fires work, and your sure it isn't something you are doing wrong... we may have to take a look at it.

The Bear Did It

It works if I put literally brand new batteries in but by the end of the day it starts doing the whole slow down/ gotta find sweet spot thing. It's really weird, it works fine 5/6 of the time but other times its not behaving. I love the controller but the problem it does is annoying, as long as I keep putting fresh batteries in each day it should be fine, skips a bit occasionally but that doesn't affect play much. I mean, if it keeps doing this could I send it in so you could look at it and see if its anything wrong with the controller?

NYjetsNY1

The Bear Did It said:
It works if I put literally brand new batteries in but by the end of the day it starts doing the whole slow down/ gotta find sweet spot thing. It's really weird, it works fine 5/6 of the time but other times its not behaving. I love the controller but the problem it does is annoying, as long as I keep putting fresh batteries in each day it should be fine, skips a bit occasionally but that doesn't affect play much. I mean, if it keeps doing this could I send it in so you could look at it and see if its anything wrong with the controller?

Yeah. I'm PMing odingalt. It may be like a firmware / HEX thing.. Idk. Odingalt knows the legacies the best. He'll know whether its best to send it in or better advice.

odingalt

Staff member
Bear,

I'm going to send you an e-mail. I have a matrix2 Tyr's Hand sitting here. Matrix2 is the kind of circuit board inside the controller. I will see if I can make improvements to the firmware to help out your problem without making you send the controller back.

Fraleigh

odingalt said:
Bear,

I'm going to send you an e-mail. I have a matrix2 Tyr's Hand sitting here. Matrix2 is the kind of circuit board inside the controller. I will see if I can make improvements to the firmware to help out your problem without making you send the controller back.
I have the same problem I just posted a fix but it's kind enoying to have to do its in anything gos

odingalt

Staff member
If you purchased a Tyr's Hand from about 4/1/2011 to 5/1/2011 and are having this kind of issue, you'll have to mail it back to the Viking shop. The fix is to move one wire inside the controller so that the modchip is getting its power from a different source. This is related to the new Matrix2 circuit boards that microsoft start putting in their controllers in March 2011. Open a support ticket to arrange for a return.

NYjetsNY1

odingalt said:
If you purchased a Tyr's Hand from about 4/1/2011 to 5/1/2011 and are having this kind of issue, you'll have to mail it back to the Viking shop. The fix is to move one wire inside the controller so that the modchip is getting its power from a different source. This is related to the new Matrix2 circuit boards that microsoft start putting in their controllers in March 2011. Open a support ticket to arrange for a return.
http://viking360.com/support/support-tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.