viking360 not connecting

AHA381

okay i just got mine this is what i did.
got new battery's, powered on with start button then connected it to the pc, and it says its still disconnected.
please help

Ben

What happens when you power the controller up with the start button? Do 2 White LEDs come on?

Are you sure your PC's USB inputs are working correctly? (mine often play up..)

NYjetsNY1

AHA381 said:
okay i just got mine this is what i did.
got new battery's, powered on with start button then connected it to the pc, and it says its still disconnected.
please help

Alright try this.

Take batteries out of AA holder.

Put them back in.

Put it in controller. Press start. Notice 2 white-blue-or pink leds on.

Take the batteries out.

Hold start on the controller.

Insert batteries - still holding start. Plug play and charge cable into controller but not computer.

Make sure everything is closed (viking software etc)

Turn on viking software. Confirm latest version by installing it off of 0.8.7.5 .
http://viking360.com/download-software- ... back-moves

Plug in play and charge kit USB part into computer.

Wait. It should say connected after 3-15 seconds.

If this doesn't work, repeat and try a different USB port.

AHA381

yes i cut it on with start led one and four cut on, i plug it into the computer. 1 and four cut off 2 and 3 cut on. im on a mac but im using vm ware which is a virtual windows.

NYjetsNY1

AHA381 said:
yes i cut it on with start led one and four cut on, i plug it into the computer. 1 and four cut off 2 and 3 cut on. im on a mac but im using vm ware which is a virtual windows.

Viking360 is not compatible with mac. Did you miss that somewhere?

FAQ: "What are the computer system requirements? Will the software work on Mac?
All of our software requires a computer with a USB port running Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP-SP3, and .NET framework 4.0. Macintosh and Linux are not supported at this time."

On the box: Windows is the only one checked.

It isn't compatible with VM WARE FUSION or PARALLELS. I have done everything known to man to get it to work with those programs, but alas it doesn't.

You need

-a fully functionable windows computer.
-boot camp - running windows. I have heard this works, but I am not saying 100%. The only 100% is the above.

AHA381

i have a mac, and it can switch between windows and mac can i use the windows instead of vmware.

NYjetsNY1

AHA381 said:
i have a mac, and it can switch between windows and mac can i use the windows instead of vmware.

From what I have heard, if you have windows on your mac, the boot camp kind, it will work.

Top right - hit the search / spotlight.

Use - boot camp assistant.

Follow directions.

Install windows.

Boot up into windows, then I have heard that the viking360 controller is compatible while booted into windows. This is not 100% conclusive evidence, but you are welcome to try. Otherwise if this does not work, you will need a windows computer.

NYjetsNY1

I assume the customer got it to work as he hasn't replied since. Guess we can assume Boot Camp Assistant is a success? Hopefully when Mac OS X Lion comes out, I can partition my hard drive and install Boot Camp (my hard drive has had a ton of difficulty partitioning - don't ask me why). Then I can sell my extremely old windows laptops :p