Don't Worry!

NYjetsNY1

Hopefully we get everything up and running soon.

NYjetsNY1 (My main account) will not send me my password. I have used the reset password and my e-mail does not get it.

Kinks are being worked on so if you cannot log in rest assured we are working on it.

-NYjetsNY1

Voodoo

Had the very same problem, glad they got it fixed now. Loving the new boards. I find them much easier to read and more comfortable on the eyes. I've always had trouble reading light text on dark backgrounds, go figure.

odingalt

Staff member
PHPBB3 had so many bugs, and security flaws, it was well worth the $200 to purchase a license for VBulletin. There is a bit of a learning curve on the administrative side.

odingalt

Staff member
I'm wondering if the system is queuing up the e-mails in batches before sending... it says it's not supposed to queue password reset e-mails. Another problem I'm having is on sending any kind of mass e-mail, e-mail servers around the world are flagging my server as a spam machine. Basically all the idiots out there with primitive anti-spam measures are only catching the legitimate humans like me - the spam bots still win.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Mine came right away, first try... I had no problems at all getting back on.

Something I'm wondering about the new style, is there any sort of rep system? Those can be good to help newbies know which non-mods know what they're talking about...

Last edited:

Xx Binno xX

Yes my email came right away. No problems. But I can't figure out why I can't edit my signature

Last edited:

NYjetsNY1

Mine came right away, first try... I had no problems at all getting back on.

Something I'm wondering about the new style, is there any sort of rep system? Those can be good to help newbies know which non-mods know what they're talking about...

There is a rep system but odingalt doesn't want it. He doesn't want people just to post useless junk in order to get +Rep.

I showed him over to the "Thanks" button, and we may get it but as it is 3rd party he still is on the fence.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
There is a rep system but odingalt doesn't want it. He doesn't want people just to post useless junk in order to get +Rep.

I showed him over to the "Thanks" button, and we may get it but as it is 3rd party he still is on the fence.

I'm a member on another forum that uses both, it seems to be pretty effective over there... People who post usless things tend to get negative rep, not positive rep. The mods and the people who know what they're doing have significant amounts of rep, and the peopel who are always wrong or never say anythign usefull have low or even negative rep. Thanks by it's self could be just as bad as rep, depends on how the people on the forum use it... On the other forum thanks is used for significant things, and the rep is used for helpfull, apreciated or funny comments.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I'll talk to him about it maybe, but if he's dead set against it I'm not going to argue lol. I think it could work fairly well, but it depends on how members use/abuse it.

NYjetsNY1

Well minds can be altered if Pros outweigh the Cons. We can also drop it if it doesn't turn out well, but we'll see what he says.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
That sounds like a good plan, tial it for a coupel weeks... Another thing I thought of is that that forum automatically goes to the last page when you click the title fo the thread. You should do that here too, generally people want to see the latest posts.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Yeah, but I find it more convenient to click the page button if I actually want to go back pages... It doesn't happen that often compared to going to the latest post.