Installed Ragnarok DIY chip. Check it out.

40_ounce

I just wanted to share my new Ragnarok.

219szte.jpg

6o3h3c.jpg

I used the wrong type of drill bit here.
35k38dx.jpg

2mree84.jpg

I haven't installed the LED thumbstick mod yet. I need a Dremel bit to trim the thumbstick so it wont get caught on the chip that is on the LED board.

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
N I C E !

You're on the right track with dremeling the thumbstick. Those illumimating ring PCB's were designed for the PS3 thumbsticks, so as you've found out, the clear XBOX 360 thumbsticks need some modification or else they drag against those little black microchips on the ring PCB's. Now you know why we don't offer the illuminating ring PCB's for sale along with this modchip :) By the time I realized that the PS3 and XBOX360 joysticks were two different sizes, I'd already put up the money for about 800 pairs of ring PCB's lol.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
NIce install. Very clean and cant tell its modified from the front. Good luck with those thumb sticks!

modded matt

nice work, keep an eye on that orange wire that comes straight down it is close tot he pinch point. Also on the rings, but the connector on the down position (bottom) of the stick, use a dremel to shave the silver metal casing so it can slide up to where it should be. simple. just make sure the top shell dosnt pinch the wires upon closing. the wire harness for the sticks is 32p wire and breaks very easily.

40_ounce

Thanks everyone and thanks for the advice matt. I do need to move the orange wire it is getting pinched. I'll do that when I get a chance to put the LED ring in.

odingalt

Staff member
Matt good tips, the 32 gauge is definitely fragile!!!!! Do not bend! You'll know if you damaged the 32 gauge wire because the LED's will "shimmer" when your controller is just sitting idle. Although they are going to sort of shimmer when your rumblepads run anyway because the LED's plus the rumblers eat up a lot of battery power.

modded matt

Real gamers take out the rumble motors/pads (whatever they're called) and use rapidfire on them...

lol..real modders have spent a bunch of time trying to keep them. I personally like the weight, I add the chat pad for more, but I have big hands.

40_ounce

lol..real modders have spent a bunch of time trying to keep them. I personally like the weight, I add the chat pad for more, but I have big hands.
that's cool. It's personal preference really. I actually plan on putting the motors back in when I put the LED thumbstick on.

40_ounce

So, I finally got around to installing the LED thumbstick mod here are some pics.

2h5080o.jpg

347ed1s.jpg

34ifd4w.jpg

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
* L O V E * Microsoft really nailed it with that silver controller, everything looks better with silver.

40_ounce

Thanks I took both yours and Odin's advice and I cut the metal and shaved a little of the thumbstick down to get the rings to fit. It was tough to get them from interfering with the two chips on the ring's board and getting the wires to not get pinched when closing the controller back up. But I got it figured out and it worked out great.