Alittle help

Can someone give me the link to download 1.4 or 1.5, ever since I downloaded 1.8 on my ragnarok I have been having issues... all of a sudden it will get stuck in on mod, or the player 3 light will turn on just by pressing the mod switch... and nothing I can do except reboot the controller fixes it. It will work fine for 10 minutes and then go haywire again.... I am hoping reverting back to 1.4 or 1.5 will tell me if its a hardware problem, or if indeed a problem with my initial install. I am hoping the later.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
Just go to the main Viking360.com website then click on downloads then click on xbox ragnarok and at the bottom of the page they will have all the old firmwares to download. Save them to your computer then go to your fimware booter and pull the firmware file up u saved and boot it to your controller and bam done!

I only see the link to download 1.8, and of course the tutorial videos... am I missing something?

Last edited:

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

All good in the hood man. Like u said probley just need to test the older XBOX firmware out to see if its a controller issue and if it isn't then try rebooting the V 1.8 back on your controller. Im sure it was some fluke upload that whent wrong.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

Oh your right. I swear they were avalible just a couple days ago. Maybe I got it confused with the PS3 version because I know they have all the older firmwares avalible for rebooting. Let me try vikingdigital.com and see if I cant find the XBXO firmwares there. Ill report back soon

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

No I didn't see them in that site ether. Let me look into some old threads. I belive odin posted the old firmwares for the xbox ragnaroks in the forums at one time.

Ya I thought I remembered seeing them there also, well maybe somebody will have 1.4 or 1.5 on there computer they can upload for me... Thanks for looking bro

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

I found some super old version like the V1.2. I.D.K if that will help u out? Its in the drivers and software ideas folder and its in the bottom file in a sticky thread.

I take it back its now going haywire... everytime I try to install 1.5 on it I get a error '' Unhandled Exception has occurred in your application, Click to continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue etc. Input string was not a correct format'' I have a feeling its this patch messing up my controller... but for whatever reason I can only use the firmware updater tool to reinstall 1.8, I get that message when installing 1.5.... I think it may be the file Matt has... does anybody else have 1.5 I can try... E...

odingalt

Staff member
There's nothing wrong with 1.8, it's all in your head or just a sad coincidence and there is something wrong with your controller (like the batteries). Install v1.8. Then, when powering up your controller, put the controller into button test code mode:

hold left bumper, hold right bumper, hold back button and then power up by pressing the guide button

Then use the attached table to look for problem.

Attachments

• ragnarok button test codes.jpg
    ragnarok button test codes.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 10

odingalt

Staff member
Can someone give me the link to download 1.4 or 1.5, ever since I downloaded 1.8 on my ragnarok I have been having issues... all of a sudden it will get stuck in on mod, or the player 3 light will turn on just by pressing the mod switch... and nothing I can do except reboot the controller fixes it. It will work fine for 10 minutes and then go haywire again.... I am hoping reverting back to 1.4 or 1.5 will tell me if its a hardware problem, or if indeed a problem with my initial install. I am hoping the later.

Can you be more specific. I played with this software build for almost 10 hours. I.e. all weekend. All I did was play BO2 with various mods and didn't have a single issue. I don't have any other tickets from other customers concerning issues with the mod. Can you be more specific as to which mods you turn on when you are playing? etc.

The usual culprit is batteries. Get rid of your battery pack and put in some good old fashioned AA alkalines.

E..nobody is dissing your 1.8... I know you spent a lot of time working on it, I started experiencing this issue a week after installing it... basically it will cycle through all mods and work normal for 10 minutes... and then all of a sudden get stuck on a mod, sometimes I can make this happen by activating the tactile switch and pressing up to go into jitter mod... instead of being normal and player 3 light lightening up, it will blink and go out..if I keep pressing up or even only pressing the tactile switch player 3 will eventualy come on and stay on no matter what I do... I can hold down any canceler button and it will not deactivate the mod... the only success I have is hooking it upto the computer and rebooting the chip... and it will work normal again for 5-10 minutes sometimes only a minute. I was thinking maybe something happened when installing 1.8 but if you say that's not it I believe you... I am starting to think its a hardware issue.. I will try the button test code, in the meantime can you please link me v1.5?

Ok, I got the test to work, It would not work with play and charge installed.. I started cycling through the buttons, as soon as I got to the D pad player 3 and 4 will not stop blinking... Specifically D pad right... anytime I press that it just blinks player 3 and 4 nonstop in 2 blink intervals. I guess that would explain why player 3 would light up by only pressing the tactile switch.. I assume its a short?

Last edited:

modded matt

dpad right should blink three and four led three times. It is very odd that the problem only occurs now after it has been functioning correctly for two months. If this is one of mine, send it back Ill replace the chip and be done with it.

odingalt

Staff member
Hi Slicktrick

It's almost like the d-pad right is getting "stuck". When you tap it and release, it should just blink 3/4 together twice and then stop. But if it does 3/4 together and keeps on going into infinity it could indicate some sort of wiring problem. If it's one of ours it would be worth putting in a support ticket with the shop to have them check it out, see if it needs repaired or even replaced altogether.

Thanks for running the test and posting back. At this point I am going to guess that it's bad luck/coincidence. There could be something in v1.8 that makes the problem worse but the source of the problem sounds like a hardware issue. I can tell you that the mod doesn't like to behave if even only one button is not connected properly. This is a finely tuned machine :)

Sorry you are having problems with this :-(

Hi Slicktrick

It's almost like the d-pad right is getting "stuck". When you tap it and release, it should just blink 3/4 together twice and then stop. But if it does 3/4 together and keeps on going into infinity it could indicate some sort of wiring problem. If it's one of ours it would be worth putting in a support ticket with the shop to have them check it out, see if it needs repaired or even replaced altogether.

Thanks for running the test and posting back. At this point I am going to guess that it's bad luck/coincidence. There could be something in v1.8 that makes the problem worse but the source of the problem sounds like a hardware issue. I can tell you that the mod doesn't like to behave if even only one button is not connected properly. This is a finely tuned machine

Sorry you are having problems with this

E, I have the worst luck... I just mailed off my Ragnarok to Matt for repairs ( its his build ).... I pulled out my Macro controller out of its box and turned it on and Dpad Down acts as Dpad Right.... and Dpad right also acts as dpad right... I tried pulling the batteries and plugging it into the play n charge cable with no luck, I haven't used this controller for 2 weeks or more, when I put it away it worked perfectly normal... Hoping you might have an idea? or a way to reboot the chip? I have a feeling its a short but I know nothing.

odingalt

Staff member
E, I have the worst luck... I just mailed off my Ragnarok to Matt for repairs ( its his build ).... I pulled out my Macro controller out of its box and turned it on and Dpad Down acts as Dpad Right.... and Dpad right also acts as dpad right... I tried pulling the batteries and plugging it into the play n charge cable with no luck, I haven't used this controller for 2 weeks or more, when I put it away it worked perfectly normal... Hoping you might have an idea? or a way to reboot the chip? I have a feeling its a short but I know nothing.

Your feeling is correct, I'd say a short. This week I took over the task of building the mod chips to try to cut down on the number of shorts that occur.