Alittle help

modded matt

Just got it. flashed it with 1.8, run button test and its perfect...ill have to play with it a bit to see if i can recreate your issue.

Edit:
Its strange, It works fine. button test works perfect, after three rounds or so, the chip gets stuck and wont respond. you have to reset the chip. happened with just rapid fire and in zombie mode.

Last edited:
Figures... Plug it in to the play and charge that's how I play, it would work for 10-15 minutes at the most.. .and then bug out - The first time I did the button test code it had no issues, then I double checked the buttons again and that right dpad would just not stop blinking the player 3 and 4 light

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
I'm keeping an eye on this thread for new info. Post back if anything develops.

modded matt

I don't know what else to do other than to replace the chip. The only ones I have left are the flex style boards... ARGG Can someone else play with V1.8 continuously for about 20mins to see if their chip locks up?

Glad you got it to recreate for you! It is weird like you said... It works fine and then 10 minutes later it acts up

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
I don't know what else to do other than to replace the chip. The only ones I have left are the flex style boards... ARGG Can someone else play with V1.8 continuously for about 20mins to see if their chip locks up?

Surprisingly I have had a little time and have been playing with my Ragnarok during the evenings since v1.8 came out. (I got too mad playing Fifa so I switched to BO2 which is more soothing :) ). Mostly enjoying the new hybrid optic glitch. I am playing with rapidfire + auto sprint, or auto sprint + hybrid optic rapidfire glitch. Haven't had any lockup issues so far. Have been playing some pretty long sessions, some lasting a couple hours.

I know I am notorious for leaving bugs behind but this v1.8 build has been solid, at least for me.

[Is it a weak or bad connection on one of the pins on the MCU on the modchip itself ?]

Question Matt, is it a CG2 or a matrix2??? That might make a difference.

odingalt

Staff member
Ok. My gut tells me the CG2 firmware is rock solid, been having good luck with it.

I asked about the Matrix2 because I had to rewrite some of the "Core" I/O stuff to make room to add the hybrid optic rapidfire mod and thought it was worth asking just in case something went awry on that, the controller I've been playing with for the past couple weeks at home is a CG2 with USB Ragnarok (non flex version) installed. (Flex version is pin-for-pin identical with the old rigid PCB version). Good luck Matt sorry to hear you are having weird mysterious issues. If you can wait we still sell the rigid PCB's if you would rather just try a direct swap.

[Question did you maybe scrape away too much of the black stuff on the dpad connection?]

modded matt

I have installed many of these.... Its odd if it was a connection problem, it would not function perfectly for the first 15-20 mins of play....I am going to swap the mobo and the chip out to make sure these problems do not continue.