Can't Get Macro Controller to Connect to PC!

Hi Guys,

So, long story short, I bought a Viking Macro controller back in April/May, and just returned back home after my deployment in Afghanistan this week, excited to be back home and also get playing with this baby. However, there seems to be a problem with the controller.

The macro controller isn't being recognised when I plug it into my laptop. As the instructional videos show, I press the Start button and lights 2 and 3 then come on (and are red coloured). Then, when I plug the controller itself into the laptop, the 2 and 3 lights simply change to a white/blue colour. However, on the instructional video that Viking includes on the CD, these lights spin around; my macro controller doesn't do that.

So, long story short, I can't actually get any macros onto the controller itself, as the Viking 360 software doesn't recognise when the controller is plugged in (and thus I can't import/export macros). I downloaded the Viking 360 software from the website if that matters. Can anyone help me please ha!? I have 6 weeks off before I'm back in training (and then shipping out to Gibraltar for another deployment in Afghanistan thereafter), and so I'm eager to spend as much time gaming with the macro as I can :D

Thanks.

bonefisher

Sometimes the computer doesn't recognize on the first plug in....try to plug in and take back out going through the sequence to plug back in quick to see if that helps!

Thanks for your reply Bonefisher; I've plugged the controller into the laptop (and then out again) about 20 times and no luck sadly :(

bonefisher

Did you try different usb port on the computer? I had one went bad on me once! I've had the lights do that but just plug in and out quick and then it gets it! Maybe Odingalt or Matt will come along shortly to help you out a little more!

bonefisher

If they didn't come along by now I would open a support ticket if you had not already! I know there real busy!

odingalt

Staff member
Yup try new pnc cable, try diff laptop, try diff batteries, then if all else fails get ready to send back for diagnosis and repair :-(

As odingalt said, try a new plug n charge cable, same thing happened to me the other day, i pressed the start button, connected the cable and the lights never spun around. I got a new one and it fixed the problem. To see if it is the cable thats stuffed, plug it into the xbox then into your controller and if the light flashes green constantly, the cable is no good.

Turns out it was the Play and Charge Cable that was broken/not working guys, which sucks somewhat as I hadn't even used it once (i.e. I had just taken it out of the Viking box for the first time and plugged it into the controller) :(

Not to worry though, I've bought a new cable and it's connecting perfectly fine now, and I can't wait to use some macros!

Thanks also for the help guys :)